Just added my E3 to my Hagerty policy....

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I already have my coupe with them ($20/mo) so I guess they don't expect me to drive the E3 much. My '51 GMC was $3/mo with the same coverage and an $8k value. I think I drove that truck three miles before selling it. LOL

They require a daily driver and for the car to be parked inside a garage.

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just went through there online quote process and they said 15.91 a month. Only car I asked about. Hmmmm

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The car must be driveable right?
I have mine insured with Hagerty while under restoration. They have a version of their coverage for this. In fact, they raise the value of the car by 10% every quarter, assuming that with time, more work is being done and value is being added. At my pace, the car will be worth a fortune when I'm done. And they have a value assigned for parts, too.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It was an "aha" moment for me when I asked my regular insurance guy "..if I have a parts car of some value, or a project car, are they covered by my homeowner's policy?" Hemmed and haw'd and finally..."no". Register the car and get an auto policy, or nothing. My riding lawn mower, my tiller, and even my wheel barrow are, but not a parts car valued at $x,xxx. So I called Hagerty...as you mentioned Dan, no problem to add to my coupe policy for peanuts.
And I enjoy their magazine more than I do R&T now...Doesn't speak well for R&T, however.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hagerty crew are awesome. Very responsive. They get it. Don't have to paint a picture, they already know what you are talking about. I have an Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprite in for metal work and it is progressing nicely, just emailed in that I wanted to increase valuation as it was now a better car, made a judgement on its replacement value, approved and confirmed within a couple hours! I also enjoy that magazine. Real nice cars owned buy normal enthusiasts like us, well there may be exceptions, not naming names , ;) but the cars in their stories actually drive through mud! and rain! and have patina! Always a good read. Happy they are an option. Mike

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have my unregistered E9 covered for $120/yr for 35K while it is undergoing restoration. This included coverage during towing to and from the body shop and 75 miles of towing. So I got all this for the price of what it would have cost me to tow from an indy. Cost depends on the value you want to place on the car obviously. I had my M6 covered for 20K and then raised it to 30K and that added 100 bucks/year.

I wish they would cover my dd like Grundy would do. I have had enough of Mapfre sending bills all year long as they constantly try to maximize their cost by switching my 3 sons around to different cars. I get it resolved but not without my time.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got a quote for around $523 a year. That was $15 for the car, $15k in parts. I threw in $5K for tools, which should be covered under my homeowners. I want to give them a ring to clarify. Seattle has high property crime so that could contribute to the rate.

1121F0A3-9698-4447-A05F-84A9F181D632.jpeg

Last edited: