Just an Introduction...Newbie to this forum

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Hi to all. I just purchased from "coupeguy" a 1973 3.0Csi Chamonix and am very excited and also very scared...should arrive in a few weeks. I own a restored MB 68 280sl, and an 83 Porsche 911SC. There are alot more parts and support systems for those two cars vs the 3.0CSi. I hope that with this site I will learn and grow to love this car as much as my other cars.
One other question...do you folks ever go out for Sunday drives or have local events? Or are there not enough people close by?
thank you....I don't feel alone anymore
abe

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Many of the guys are in California. We also have a variety of global members, from Austria to New Zealand.

As far as parts go, yeah, it is pretty limited for the coupe-specific things, like body work and interior parts. Mechanically, there many acceptable substitutes still being made by BMW.

Dave B

Reaction score
Welcome to the group from Scotland, and welcome to CSi ownership!
Two of us on the group over here, but not seen / heard from Malc in a while.....

Has Malc been locked into his shed until dear old bucket is finished? Is Mrs Malc feeding him pizza under the door? I wonder......

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Abe

Welcome to the group. You just missed a So Cal BMW gathering in North LA. Its a annual event. You can search on this site and find groups in your area along with dates fro next years event. Your find many of us in the So Cal area.

Gary

Honolulu

Reaction score
aloha

welcome to the group

You're right about the relative scarcity of parts, but several BMW models of the period share many of the mechanicals, so you should be all right there. It's the trim and body bits that are tough to get.

Dan can sometimes be a little controversial... I hope your car is "right".

If you're in Honolulu sometime... drop a line!

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Suspense is killing me. It looks like my car will be picked up Saturday and delivered middle of next week weather permiting. Did the seller misrepresent? Is it better than I thought? Can hardly wait.
abe