just joined

stcos85

Reaction score
just joined the forum. used to own a csl early 2000's and a year or so ago thought i would like to get another however had a shock when i saw the prices so may have to resort to getting a csi. if anyone knows of one for sale drop me a message.
attached a photo hopefully. mine was 2nd from the right

Attachments

• 20181213_071643.jpg
    20181213_071643.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 452

stcos85

Reaction score
Welcome.
You are possibly the closest Forum member to me?

Wes
where abouts are you.
i havent had a BMW since i sold my CSL. have other european cars i am restoring but fancy a csi before they move out of my budget
you dont know of any for sale do you.

i went and looket at the red csi on carsales for $95k. lovely well restored car but a touch to ok expensive for me

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Mate,
I sent you a direct message - do you know how to access them?
I'm in Hobart, own a restored Ceylon CS and just bought a project CSL.

W.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome to the E9 family and a few idiots on it ...

From the photo of your once owned Csl , I see the reg is ??? 404L, if you DM me,the full reg
I could let you know if your car is still alive or in rust heaven

stcos85

Reaction score
i know its still alive and is now green and for sale for about 150k pounds. a big jump from the 8k i sold it for

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know who owns your old Csl .. JJU 404L,

Was silver , now green , I have not seen this car for sale ??

Last edited:

stcos85

Reaction score
i cant believe how lucky i have been, i made an offer on the car Wes got from WA, which i was obviously unsuccessful, then i went to look at a car and got a lead on a damaged shell.

it turns out it was damaged back in the 1980's and was stripped and then left behind a garage. i am now the owner and will be looking for a lot of parts from glass, interior trim, exterior trim, basically everything. a donor car would be ideal if anyone knows of a rusty car. the resto has already started

Attachments

• 20190130_154619.jpg
    20190130_154619.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 221

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looking forward to following this thread. Once I have a better idea of what are actually 'spare parts' you are free to pick over them.
You may struggle for a donor car in Australia. That said there was a red CS with a new motor on gumtree for about 50K
By the time you have to source all the parts individually it might actually be a good option.
Have you considered putting the VIN up here. Somebody must know your new car.

stcos85

Reaction score
the vin is 2285374. i doubt many people know of it as it was imported from the UK damaged and has sat in the same place ever since.

Wes, when you know what spares you have let me know as i will need everythi g you have.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Very cool. Start a new thread in the restoration forum when you get started. Looking forward to it..

Dan