Kabel GroB wiring Germany

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought I'd share my experience with the Forum about Kabel Grob in Germany who offer wiring and harnesses for 'oldtimers' and particularly E9

Their website translates into English and they list various harnesses. I was looking to replace my shabby rear lighting harness so ordered from the website and made payment by Paypal

Although i initially received an email letting me know to expect delivery within 15 days, 8 weeks later it still hadn't arrived. I sent a couple emails enquiring as to the delivery date which went unanswered but the following week the harness arrived.

Whilst very well exectuted it did not bear any resemblance whatsoever to my exisitng wiring. There must have been an addtional 20 wires in the harness over and above the existing and there was no way to make sense of the layout. An auto electrician agreed with me that it was from a completely different car, so i emailed, and emailed ( a total of 6 times) asking to return the harness for a refund, always taking the time to do an online translation into German of the text, as well as sending it in English.

Finally an email arrived - "The cable for radio we see with before." and that was it.

I took it upon myself to send back by recorded delivery in the hope that a refund would be forthcoming, and although confirmed as delivered i am still having my emails ignored and no sign of a refund.

Communication can usually solve most issues, but until they have the good grace to respond, i'd suggest avoiding purchasing from them

If i do ever get a satisfactory conclusion i'll be sure to post to update

Victor

Reaction score
Thought I'd share my experience with the Forum about Kabel Grob in Germany who offer wiring and harnesses for 'oldtimers' and particularly E9

Their website translates into English and they list various harnesses. I was looking to replace my shabby rear lighting harness so ordered from the website and made payment by Paypal

Although i initially received an email letting me know to expect delivery within 15 days, 8 weeks later it still hadn't arrived. I sent a couple emails enquiring as to the delivery date which went unanswered but the following week the harness arrived.

Whilst very well exectuted it did not bear any resemblance whatsoever to my exisitng wiring. There must have been an addtional 20 wires in the harness over and above the existing and there was no way to make sense of the layout. An auto electrician agreed with me that it was from a completely different car, so i emailed, and emailed ( a total of 6 times) asking to return the harness for a refund, always taking the time to do an online translation into German of the text, as well as sending it in English.

Finally an email arrived - "The cable for radio we see with before." and that was it.

I took it upon myself to send back by recorded delivery in the hope that a refund would be forthcoming, and although confirmed as delivered i am still having my emails ignored and no sign of a refund.

Communication can usually solve most issues, but until they have the good grace to respond, i'd suggest avoiding purchasing from them

If i do ever get a satisfactory conclusion i'll be sure to post to update

Thanks Chris for the tip. I had these guys saved in my research for a future purchase. Hope you get what you paid for eventually.

Victor