KHM Carpets - Winter Discount - available Dec, Jan and Feb

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Is there anyone making one piece options or are these multi piece sets the best option?

Also is two tone loop the correct type of carpet for my car or fine velour?

Post some pics of what you have in there.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, I have only seen the two tone German loop other than in a CSL of course which is thinner and some call Perlon. No boucle or velour.

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Can't speak as an expert but the UK CSLs had two tone loop carpet - this one needs a scrub.

1-2.JPG

Photo below shows the front mats from a set recently received from KHM - not identical but the closest I could find.

6.JPG

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Another reminder at an alternative time of day to catch those in other time zones. o_O

Henrik

Reaction score
No members discount this winter. The thread is one year old

Last edited:

Henrik

Reaction score
Yepp, here is the reply from KHM:

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your order.
The discount you have listed was in last winter. We are very sorry, but there is no special discount this winter.

Best regards
Vera Väth

Klaus Hermann Mayer
Kraftfahrzeugtechnik GmbH
Berkheimer Str. 10-12
73734 Esslingen

Marco 54

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yepp, here is the reply from KHM:

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your order.
The discount you have listed was in last winter. We are very sorry, but there is no special discount this winter.

Best regards
Vera Väth

Klaus Hermann Mayer
Kraftfahrzeugtechnik GmbH
Berkheimer Str. 10-12
73734 Esslingen

Good morning Henrik

This is embarrassing! I am sorry that you have been misled.

We had understood that this discount would be available to our Forum as it is to the German Forum.

I will write to KHM to see if we can clarify their position, as our members are a valuable market to KHM.
We have interests in respect of carpet purchases and also, potentially, the KHM headliner products; some of which are under development.
We were hoping to receive news of a close replica of the black CSL headlining but this project seems to have stalled. This gives me the opportunity to following this up.

I will report back when I hear from KHM.

Once again I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
After hearing from @Henrik regarding the cancelled discount, I called the company and spoke to Ms Väth to ask what the reason for this cancellation is.
Her explanation, due to an excess of orders the company has been receiving and the backlog in production and delivery schedules, they have cancelled ALL forum clubs (MB, Porsche, BMW and all the other clubs) discounts for this year. Whether they will resume is not clear, all depending on their orders backlog. I asked if I could speak to someone in management, she put me on hold but came back with an explanation given to her by the boss....that they don’t want unhappy (discount) order customers who would have to wait months till such time as the supply to full payment customers has priority. We were only granted discounts based on their low order during winter.....
Money talks and discounts walk!
I was told that we will be advised if and when they lift the cancellation.

Keshav

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up @Keshav. Perhaps they can offer a target month for a forum discount, like
i’m the spring (northern hemisphere spring :D). I would be on board. Carpet is one of the few things that I need that isn’t made of metal.

@Marco 54,

If you need any photos or closeups of the CSL headliner, mine is off my car. I can get good pics with overhead or natural lighting. It is sourced from a RHD city-pack. After saying that out loud
I had an epiphany that the dome light by may be on wrong side. It isn’t however. Something for me to dig into later. I know the car that it came from well. I also bought the wheels and the bumpers, the hood prop (shown), and referred someone to the steering box.

10B98FF9-9196-43D4-B5B4-20CD75F37313.jpeg

After hearing from @Henrik regarding the cancelled discount, I called the company and spoke to Ms Väth to ask what the reason for this cancellation is.
Her explanation, due to an excess of orders the company has been receiving and the backlog in production and delivery schedules, they have cancelled ALL forum clubs (MB, Porsche, BMW and all the other clubs) discounts for this year. Whether they will resume is not clear, all depending on their orders backlog. I asked if I could speak to someone in management, she put me on hold but came back with an explanation given to her by the boss....that they don’t want unhappy (discount) order customers who would have to wait months till such time as the supply to full payment customers has priority. We were only granted discounts based on their low order during winter.....
Money talks and discounts walk!
I was told that we will be advised if and when they lift the cancellation.

Keshav

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had an epiphany that the dome light by may be on wrong side. It isn’t however.
As I look at your photo, isn't the dome light on the opposite side as it would be in a LHD car? Mine is on the left (NA drivers side).

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I look at your photo, isn't the dome light on the opposite side as it would be in a LHD car? Mine is on the left (NA drivers side).

Yes you are correct. So it is correct for a RHD car, wrong for a LHD car. I’ll just add another dome light, which I believe that I kept. Some CSL’s had two lights. Technically with the look I am going for, I shouldn’t have any dome lights. Gotta cover the hole though.

Henrik

Reaction score
Iḿ almost in the same situation. I have converted a RHD CSL to LHD. Because of this the dome light is (still) on the right side because I didn't want to make a repair to cover the gap in the headliner. It may be an option to install a second dome light on the left side if it is like Markos writes that some CSLś had two dome lights. Then it will be somewhat original. But on the other hand... it may be an idea to keep it like it is as a reminder of the "heritage" (all the other rhd evidence is gone except the VIN);)

Last edited: