Knowledge and/or opinions on this ebay 3.0CS?

rockminster

Reaction score
Greetings all. This is my first post on the board but have learned a lot reading through all the great contributions made by posters over time.

I was curious to know if people had any first hand knowledge or opinions on this silver/black 3.0 that is on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190409780151

I would have a PPI completed before buying the car but because I'm not in the area where the car is located, I want to avoid that hassle if there is group knowledge of problems with the car.

Many thanks!

Rock

de coupe

Reaction score
looks great

The car from the exterior looks great. Good buy couldnt duplicate it for the money..

jmackro

Reaction score
The car from the exterior looks great.

Well, for the most part, yes. But, the front end just looks weird to me. The bumper's rear tips tilt up - not sure if it was hit, or of that's a result of installing that god-awful airdam. And, the car seems raked, with its front end looks lowered / back end raised, kind of like the Kool Kustom Kars we used to build in the 1960's. Adding the rake angle to the crooked bumper makes the thing look even more ungainly. And, I personally dislike the big aftermarket wheels. Picking the nits visible in the photo below, the front bumper rubber is puckered, and the drivers side wiper blade installed at an odd angle. But hey, all of this stuff could be fixed pretty easily.

Good buy couldn't duplicate it for the money..

Agree that you couldn't duplicate it for the amount the auction reached ($14.8K) or even for the buy-it-now price ($19.9K). However, the market for a slightly hot-rodded coupe is probably somewhere in the mid teens - the seller may have set his reserve a bit ambitiously.

Attachments

• oddcoupe.jpg
    oddcoupe.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jay,

What I noticed is that it's a big bumper car converted to the earlier bumpers which is fine. But they installed the bumper guards reversed left to right and inverted, making it appear similar to the `73 bumper guards. They are upside down and yes they can be swapped left to right but this is how they will look.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Photoshopped fotos, the wheels don't do a thing for me. Does'nt matter if a car "couldn't be done for that price" ... unless you're fully prepared to "do" a car (whatever the heck that means) its irrelevant ....AND the fact is that car did not sell for what the buyer was seeking.

As far as that phrase "couldn't be done for that price" goes, if the commenters on Barrett Jackson or Mecum couch potato auction shows started saying "googlie booglie" all the time, would we start seeing that phrase on here too?

polaris68

Site Donor
Reaction score
Imo

Wheels, airdam, seats and steering wheel completely ruin the car for me. It is a shame to do this to a coupe. I like the color though....

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My thoughts are fix the incorrectly mounted bumper overrides and remove the incorrect period parts (wheels, seats and steering wheel) and you have a good looking coupe. CSL style air dam can stay.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
The bumper was mounted too high in relationship to the grilles besides going uphill at the ends and the reversed guards, which is why the spoiler looked so big to my eyes. The spoiler was glued to the car which I’m not a big fan of even though bonding glues seem to be getting better every day. If you bottom or crash the spoiler you just paint & install another with a seam, with a bonded one it’s a much bigger job that requires matching 2 stage silver paint and your match is never guaranteed. My 2 cents worth after 39 years in the collision & sheet metal trades. ~ John Buchtenkirch