Leather shift boot

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Proper shift boots

If someone has a reasonably intact one for a sample--any good interior shop can duplicate. A few years ago I had and extra small hide of soft black leather that I had made up in "boots" and used one--the rest were sold by the shop to a European auto accessory shop--unfortunately all are gone.

84E24

Reaction score
Shifter boot

I have 1 from Dan new and unused if anyone is
interested. $60 shipped in the US.

Thanks,

Orangener

Reaction score
They are still available by BMW for less than 20 € !

798901359d508353438911decca1ce46.jpg

http://de.bmwfans.info/original/114/Lim/2002tii-M10/ECE/L/M/1971/04/mg-23/ill-23_0774/

[Broken External Image]:http://bmwfans.info/original/images/19807_p.png

Part 16: Part number: 25 11 1 203 074

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
Boot, not knob Orangener. Sorry, dont have any more to sell right now, my supplier went away and haven't been able to find another. Carl might have them avail. Don't buy one from AGLA whatever you do, the leather is awful and shape is all wrong.

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
PS to the leather shifter boot discussion

If you have one that's still intact--periodically unzip and check for dryness of leather--if dry--using a cheap brush apply a liberal amount of mineral oil on the backside of leather boot to soften and help prevent from drying out and failing--remember that area is very hostile in that it is subjected to a very hot, dry treatment every time you drive.

BTW--the suggestion of treating with mineral oil came to me from a Hungarian man with 45 years of interior experience--he owns the interior shop nearby where I have been doing business for several years--and by following his suggestion my 14 year old shifter boot is still like new.

hdavis

Reaction score
Re: Shifter boot

84E24 said:
I have 1 from Dan new and unused if anyone is
interested. $60 shipped in the US.

Thanks,

I'll take that Steve, please email me with payment instructions (paypal if possible), and so I can give you shipping address.

Thanks

Henry
[email protected]