Legends of the Autobahn

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Last day to register is Monday August 1st, event is 19 August in Carmel. This is the third year for this outstanding event put on by the Central Cal Chapter and includes separate judging for Porsches and Mercedes.

www.legendsoftheautobahn.com

And don't forget the Festorics at Laguna Seca on Fri/Sat the 20th/21st, another great event from the Golden Gate Chapter.

Chris

flarimer

Reaction score
FYI for all that are interested in going. BMW NA has arranged to have the BMW 328 Hommage concept car at the Friday Legends of the Autobahn event as well as one or more of the "real" 328 cars there.

Latest bit of info I've received is that NA will also have one of the new "F10" M5's there on display.

It is going to be an incredible event!

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Monterey--here we come again--

for the 37th anniversary of the first Monterey trip that BLUMAX made in 1974. He is smiling in anticipation of that road trip that he knows so well.

I wonder how many other cars, if any, will be in attendance that were driven there 37 years ago and a number of times since? Of course there were other BMW's that have made the trip to Monterey during some other years since--including another CS twice, my M-1 for three trips, and two times in my 2002. My 2002 is now roadworthy in excellent mechanical and very nice cosmetic condition and now with a very recent 5 speed transplant replacing his former automatic tranny (and with a brand new 5 speed trunk mounted badge) has begged to go too, but no driver is available.

Any responsible volunteer willing to drive carefully, pay his way--for gas, food, lodging & entrance fees?

DaveG

Reaction score
My Coupe is not really presentable yet but Kati and I will be in Monterey for the weekend....
Do spectators need tickets for the "Legends Of The Autobahn"?
We will be doing Concourso Italiano in the morning (There always seems to be some nice coupes at this one in the none italian area) and if there is any walking left in these old legs I'd like to attend this event in the afternoon.......Couldn't really tell from the web site...
I will be at the track on Sunday. Hope to see some of you in the car corral......
Going to Concours d'lemons on Saturday.... It just sounds too fun to miss....
DaveG

flarimer

Reaction score
FYI - if you are planning on driving up on Thursday, August 18th, there is a small group of folks leaving Huntington Beach between 06:00 and 06:15. PM me if you are interested.

DaveG

Reaction score
We usually leave Simi Valley around 0900 and take the 101 to the 1... Maybe we'll see you along the way.
There are ALWAYS lots of interesting cars on this route on Thursday.
We'll be in the wifes SL500........comfortable but boring.....
DaveG

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Had a great drive up to Monterey today trying to keep up with Paul Cain on the 101. Plenty hot in Paso Robles but nice and cool in Monterey, should be the same this weekend for the concours, Festorics and Pebble Beach. Probably did 80 most of the way with the windows down since my A/C does not work. Hope to see some of you this weekend.

Chris

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Hey Chris,

Great chatting with you and seeing your awesome Malaga coupe. Your 1st place finish, against stiff competition, was well deserved...

Best,

Chuck