Lewis & Clark Classic Car Rally

Markos

Add To Cart
Staff member
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Moving this to photos. Take plenty of pics! This is the first time I have seen your BBS mounted. Your car looks good.

bcoli

Site Donor
Reaction score
We made it home, the car REALLY impressed us - this was our first outing in it - 250 mile drive up on Friday, rallied hard 216 miles on Sat & 194 on Sunday, plus another 125 to get home = 785 mile shake down cruise.
We got to see (very briefly) another E9 in Portland at the start (we were already queued up to start the rally, which he was there to see).
We made some pretty bad fumbles on Saturday (36 points & 41 Points), but managed to get two zeros, netting us 5th place overall; had a much better day Sunday (all single digits, but no zeros) & held our position at 4th equipped car, 5th overall. we are tired but happy. Pic _114357 is my office when we are rallying - notice the CURTA on the shelf.

Attachments

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Just finished the second day of great roads, great weather, great people. We did much better yesterday than we expected, scores for today will come after dinner.
you need a route instruction roller / reader. i presume the alfa is a clock, not a rally computer ... i see a curta on the right side of the dash.

bcoli

Site Donor
Reaction score
you need a route instruction roller / reader. i presume the alfa is a clock, not a rally computer ... i see a curta on the right side of the dash.
Hi Scott,
Yes the Alfa is a clock, not a computer, I use the Curta for that on classic rallies.
I have a Timewise 547B clock/odo and a program that I wrote for my HP-42 that I use for other rallies.
It is good to know that someone here knows what a Curta is!