lhd CSI for auction in AUS

Jayson42

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!
First post here. The car above on auction now is what made me search you out. Always loved the e9 but never thought I would afford one. May i still cannot - is this something to avoid? Do any of the Australian owners know this car?
There looks to be a bubble of rust at the divers side rear quarter. It has had some repairs as you would reasonably expect over 50 years. Does not look to be recently spruced up for sale.
Obviously seat/floor covering door cards are available from a few manufacturers as kits and would make it look feel a whole lot nicer. But obviously when the interior is out it gives you the opportunity to spend a whole lot more money...
It is in Sydney and I am in Perth (4000km). They can go over the car with me on face time and show me various areas. Is that enough? Try and get a professional just to report on rust? Not something I am experience with.
Thanks for any suggestions

Klassic

Reaction score
That's my old car. It's a really good honest example, never restored just kept tidied up and original. Hope it goes to a good home, wish I never sold it.

Jayson42

Reaction score
That's my old car. It's a really good honest example, never restored just kept tidied up and original. Hope it goes to a good home, wish I never sold it.
Klassic,

I am told the wheels are off a CS and the Vin plate says CS but it is badged CSi and is full injected. So is it originally a CSi?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Klassic,

I am told the wheels are off a CS and the Vin plate says CS but it is badged CSi and is full injected. So is it originally a CSi?

All E9’s say CS on the VIN, even CSL’s.

You may want to reach out to @Wes also. Not sure where you are, but I think he has a lead on a nice e9 for sale near Victoria.

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
40-60,000AUD is the estimated price?? That does sound like a good deal!

Being LHD here will hurt it. Car is at 40k already. They have recently sold some project RHD cars at 60/70K AUD with some add on charges.
I'd expect this one to perhaps finish mid 50s. If two people really want it forget everything I just wrote.