Lilli Up For Sale 3 Months later

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Arde, my understanding, this was his first 2002 but owns(ed) multiple later BMWs. He is a collector, again, my impression from our conversations, buys and sells. How much, how often, no idea. He saw the AMG, liked it bought it. I suspect Lilli's sale price paid the taxes.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is hard to move backwards in time.
The age of the driver may play into this. It's also not expected to be driven much, hence the mileage requirements for classic car insurance. Of the fun vehicles I have the '79 G-Wagen is probably my favorite, partly because of its uniqueness and partly because it's so basic. I just get in and drive and I don't have to worry about where I park, others worry about parking next to me. ;-)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ohmess, when I sold Lilli three and a half months ago there were no major problems to discover. None!! She sold for $34,500 because she was original, low miles(approx 87,000} and had been pampered all her life. I believe the story about seeing the AMG and deciding he wanted it. But Lilli's current selling price, $27,002 would probably pay the sales tax on the AMG.
Steve - I didn't mean to imply that you sold Lilli because there were problems. But if we are seeking explanations for the drop in value, I do think that the seller's short term ownership weighed heavily on this.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree, Ohmess. Buyers ask why so soon, market continues to soften, time of year. And not a well put together BaT ad.