Long time reader, first time poster from IL

jimmygomk3

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have been a reader of the e9coupe.com forum for a while now and thought it was time to become an active member (thanks Dan for the help!). I currently have a 1971 2800cs. I am the third owner. Its a great car but I am toying with the idea of selling to help fund my wedding/honeymoon next year :(

I am looking forward to some great interactions (possibly enough to keep me from selling the car!)

Thanks,
Jeff

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi from next door.

Hey, Jeff. I'm one suburb away, and amazed to learn of another coupe in the neighborhood. (Mine is still in restoration, and may not see the light of day until spring.)

If yours is a shade of silver or gray, I believe I may have seen it on the road.

There's also a verona red '73 CS that I know of a few blocks from me.

PM me sometime, and we'll compare notes...

jimmygomk3

Reaction score
She is Atlantic Blue. I have not seen the silver/grey car you mentioned but surely will keep an eye out for it.

Let me know if you need any parts. I am cleaning house and just listed some larger pieces in the classifieds section but have a few more boxes of smaller items and interior bits/gauges left to sort and photograph.

Jeff

chapa

Reaction score
In Downers Grove

Hi,

I also live near by, and own a few '71 2800cs coupes. One's a keeper, one's a parts car. Both have been off the road for a while, but I'm working on it.

Kev

Reaction score
Wow, good to see some fellow Illinois residents. My parents and my E9 are located in Bolingbrook.

sab653

Reaction score
New Member from Chicago

Hey everyone! Like many here, I have been using this site to do due dilligence on buying a 3.0cs. I fell in love with e9's in 1995 when I first saw one at the New Hampshire Speedway during a BMW CCA event. I was there with a college friend who just purchased a 1995 540i (unfortunately not a 540is). Never forget seeing that e9 go on the track. Amazing. Well, I have spent the last 7 years or so looking for a good example. I have gone back and forth - scared off by some of your resto posts at times and then back in after seeing posts with the finished product! Finally pulled the trigger on a polaris silver 72 3.0cs I found in Utah. 2 owner car. Spent this summer driving it around Chicago with the windows down so the fumes didn't cause me to pass out while driving. Anyway, now I am getting it ready for the brief 4 months of good weather we get out here. Looking forward to hearing from fellow e9 owners in the area!

sab653

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I really want to get some paintwork done. Any suggestions on where to go would be greatly appreciated. Hope to post some pics soon

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
sab, PM me if you want to Ben's info or if you want to connect sometime when it's not -15 outside. I'm in the Oak Brook/Willowbrook area.

Thanks for the tip! I really want to get some paintwork done. Any suggestions on where to go would be greatly appreciated. Hope to post some pics soon