Looking for body shop in MD/VA for my E9 Airdam install

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
D.C. (originally from Northern California)
Looking for a good shop in the MD/VA area for some light body work to reinstall front chrome bumper & spray and install CS Airdam Polaris Silver. My short term goal is to drive and enjoy the car this summer with recently completed Engine and 5 speed swap and take my time choosing the right shop for body and paint together in the winter. Not ideal doing the engine work before the bodywork but that’s how it went down this year.

Also I need a looking part number or source for the rubber mounts for the front chrome bumper that attach the bumper to the left and right finders. As always I appreciate suggestions.

Thanks,

Antar Johnson

Attachments

• IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    671.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5242.jpeg
    IMG_5242.jpeg
    412 KB · Views: 78

Roman596061

Reaction score
Antar,

Try Auto Dent Care Inc in Rockville @ 5410 Randolph Rd, Rockville, MD 20852 @ (301) 881-8080.

I had my 73 e9 taken down to bare metal at their shop in 2016, solely due to the fact that Lothar Schuettler* takes his vast BMW collection to them.

* His 1937 BMW 328 wins Best in Class at Pebble Beach

* He has a large two story barn https://docplayer.net/33702689-Lothar-schuettler-restorer-and-collector-of-vintage-bmw-cars-and-motorcycles-with-an-incredible-passion-for-originality-and-perfection.htm filled with his collection, easily worth $15-25 million.

Richard

Attachments

• Lothar Schuettler's Garage.jpg
    Lothar Schuettler's Garage.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 82

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Update: very happy with how this turned out. Wish I didn’t wait so long . Thank you Alberto Guirola your Air Dam perfectly well! Now it’s time to enjoy the car and the 3.5 engine 5sp Getrag c/r conversion for the summer and prepare for a to the metal paint job this winter. Thanks again to HB Chris, SFDon, Miller and everyone who helped guide through this project. Have a great weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_5296.jpeg
    IMG_5296.jpeg
    295.6 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_5345.jpeg
    IMG_5345.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Antar,

Try Auto Dent Care Inc in Rockville @ 5410 Randolph Rd, Rockville, MD 20852 @ (301) 881-8080.

I had my 73 e9 taken down to bare metal at their shop in 2016, solely due to the fact that Lothar Schuettler* takes his vast BMW collection to them.

* He has a large two story barn https://docplayer.net/33702689-Lothar-schuettler-restorer-and-collector-of-vintage-bmw-cars-and-motorcycles-with-an-incredible-passion-for-originality-and-perfection.htm filled with his collection, easily worth $15-25 million.

Richard
Thanks Richard,

Lothar used to work on my car back when he owned BMW Exclusive years ago. I appreciate the list. I actually live off Randolph Road. I see you are out in Florida. Let me know if you are ever in town and want to meet up a do a coupe owners meet & greet :)

Last edited:

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Antar,

Richard
Thanks again Richard. Lothar's collection of Classic BMW's is legendary indeed. Auto Dent Care Inc is only 20 mins away I will check them out to for availability this winter for my down to the metal paint job.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Update: very happy with how this turned out. Wish I didn’t wait so long . Thank you Alberto Guirola your Air Dam perfectly well! Now it’s time to enjoy the car and the 3.5 engine 5sp Getrag c/r conversion for the summer and prepare for a to the metal paint job this winter. Thanks again to HB Chris, SFDon, Miller and everyone who helped guide through this project. Have a great weekend.

Dramatically changes the look of the old girl.

Definitely more agressive.

Got a side shot of the driver's side? Looks like from that angle that the left side of the bumper is a bit cockeyed and reaching for the moon a bit. No?

1688331385387.png

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, It definitely changes the look of my old ride. I’ll have to take a look at that bumper on the drivers side. I had the installer make some minor adjustments on Friday before I picked up the car. Perhaps, I will have them make a few more adjustments. I was just happy to finally get the airdam and bumper installed , and be able to drive it especially before the holiday on Tuesday.

aguirola

Reaction score
Great looking car Antar! Thank you very much for the mention.
Really appreciate happy customers :D

Regards, Alberto