Looking for Jag E type forums

G

Reaction score
Can't help myself I've always lusted after these beauties...Would like to start researching what sort of money pits these cars are..can anyone direct me to the better websites.......

Saw this pic and took my breath away...
beauty.jpg

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Lusting for an E-type Jag

In preparation:
First--get well acquainted with a good old time English mechanic--second--lay in a goodly supply of Lucas electrics--next--be sure your banker is a good friend and understands the ins 'n outs of English classic car sickness.

Now you are basically prepped to become a caretaker of an early and one of the most seductive English beauties ever penned. If it won't start you can always go to the garage and just drool at its sensuous shape--I too like their looks--but I prefer the reliabilty of German machinery.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
E-type

I owned a '69 E-type OTS (open two seater) for many years. It was actually a very dependable car with the 4.2L straight six and two factory Zenith carbs. It needed mechanical attention occasionally but wasn't a burden at all. Part cost isn't that much different than coupes, although I was never as confident driving it far from home like I am with the old BMW's.

Here's a good place to start... http://www.jag-lovers.org/

Dan

G

Reaction score
Re: Lusting for an E-type Jag

Murray,
At first your post made me laugh..then it was like... Arrgh..reality check !!!

Thx for the link Dan.. great website ..will be keeping me busy for awhile.
Cheers
Giorgio

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
Reality checks re e-types

TRUE story follows:

I was not kidding--several e-types that were purchased new around this area had consistent reliabilty problems--DANG--you were a lucky guy--of course in life too, often the most beautiful females requires a lot of ongoing maintenance too--and many guys will put up with that cost to have such a trophy to hang on ones arm!!

I speak with some accuracy on this matter as my first one (wife-not e-type) was a real trophy--but left me for a guy who owned an e-type---hhhmmm--do you suppose there is still resentment against e-types???

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Re: Reality checks re e-types

blumax said:
I speak with some accuracy on this matter as my first one (wife-not e-type) was a real trophy--but left me for a guy who owned an e-type---hhhmmm--do you suppose there is still resentment against e-types???

Maybe she had a thing for guys who smell like burnt oil! ;-)