Looking for this spare part

pwwe9 - You seem to be planning to attempt on Monday to attempt to separate at least one of the covers from your intake manifold. Chris is suggesting that you should not attempt this, and several of us have confirmed that is it a bad idea to attempt to detach the cover from the intake manifold because you are very likely to break off at least one of the bolts attaching that cover to the intake manifold when attempting to remove the cover. Better to replace the manifold and cover as a unit. Or try the JB weld idea.

pwwe9 - You seem to be planning to attempt on Monday to attempt to separate at least one of the covers from your intake manifold. Chris is suggesting that you should not attempt this, and several of us have confirmed that is it a bad idea to attempt to detach the cover from the intake manifold because you are very likely to break off at least one of the bolts attaching that cover to the intake manifold when attempting to remove the cover. Better to replace the manifold and cover as a unit. Or try the JB weld idea.
JB Weld is the plan. I don’t plan on removing either bottom plates. I do however plan on removing the hoses from the other plate to check it’s state of health. I would love to replace the manifold and cover as a unit but I haven’t sourced/found any leads yet.

JB Weld is the plan. I don’t plan on removing either bottom plates. I do however plan on removing the hoses from the other plate to check it’s state of health. I would love to replace the manifold and cover as a unit but I haven’t sourced/found any leads yet.
Let me know if you want to go that way. A buddy of mine has a pair in good shape.

Back