Looking good

Henrik

Reaction score
Hello!

FYI! Looks like a very plain, original car!

http://www.finn.no/finn/car/used/viewimage?finnkode=22780579

Some info, translated via google:

Here's a unique opportunity to acquire a truly original BMW 3.0 CS with
low mileage and full ownership history.
The car is also completely untouched except for an elderly paint. The car is complete.
For example, complete with all original noise isolation pads intact, every
cover in the trunk, complete toolkit and an interior
that looks almost brand new. Even the seat belts still hangs on
original place.

The car is a dream to drive and is very comfortable and quiet. Coupe, with its large
glass surfaces and soft colors gives a very bright, cozy and pleasant environment.
The car has also recently received a service and is thus ready to be enjoyed with the windows down in the summer heat.

If it's interesting, I can tell that the car of course has "matching
numbers ".

Are you looking for a cheaper, youth run CS, full of speaker holes, large
stereo, sports steering wheel and large wheels, this is not the car. If you want an
over restored and over-exposed CS which is better than when its left the factory is
not the right car, but if you want a classic in fine
patinated original condition you can start and enjoy from the first moment
this is an excellent if not the only option in this country.

It is difficult to appreciate or value such a pristine vehicle, but with
background based on international price comparisons with other cars in
Norway, I believe this is a realistic and sensible price.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice condition.
The color is odd, kind of the color of a band-aid. How is it called in german? Natura Fleischkolor?

hdavis

Reaction score
That's "Sahara" - got one in my garage. Wish mine looked that good, white walls notwithstanding.

A few weeks ago on a friday or saturday I was driving through the Wodlands and saw one in front of me, must have been your car. It looks very good.

pmansson

Reaction score
Henrik,
you should get a friend of yours in Oslo? or elsewhere in Norway to buy it, and then get more and more interest for these cars as you use and show them.
It must be a low mileage, few owner car by the looks of it. Do you know of the original owner?
I have never seen an E9 in Sahara before. Lovely unmolested interior. The skin imitation is very typical for German cars of the 60s and 70s. M-B used it a lot. Problem is your back and shirt get wet in no time. I know as my father´s 2800CS had them. He always used white, linen covers. Made to measure by a company in Sweden. Easy to wash.
Let us know what happens to the car.

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I have no knowledge of the owner, or the car, but I think it deserves some attention since it apparently is in such good original condition!
I appreciate seeing a car that's so untouched, something one can't say about my own CS project which I'll hope will be back on the road next summer.
Hopefully it will continue to drive on Norwegian roads even after it is sold.

Henrik