Lost coupe in the Paradise fire

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Circumstances made it necessary to use most of the insurance for home improvements so my plans to get another coupe are delayed indefinitely. I did manage to pick up a 69 E3 2800 so I can at least stay in the game.
Thanks again all. John

Hi John,

Thank you for the great update. I’ll admit
that it wasn’t until the documentary that I realized how bad things really were in Paradise. Then the documentary on rebuilding knowing that the doc ended a few months shy of the pandemic. Those poor children! :(

You raise a good point about insurance and fire. I had a conversation with my Hagerty rep about this. I said if my house burned down I wouldn’t be buying a new car anytime soon. He mentioned that this is almost always the case, and you will get the Hagerty check on the car long before you get anything else. That money will go towards clothes, personal affects, and getting your life back in order. I simply can’t imagine how traumatic this experience has been! I’m glad to hear that you are recovering.

americium

Reaction score
Thanks Markos. Yes, priorities really shift when something that major happens. It underscores the need for people to make sure their insurance is more than adequate and paid! I haven’t always been a fan of insurance but I certainly get it now. Especially since the house we bought after losing that one was under threat of the Bear fire last that was heading into Oroville. We had to evacuate again!
I am aware of a few that did not have insurance. One guy had several classic cars and they all burned along with his house. And then there are the people that didn’t make it out. Terrible situation.
As time goes on we all heal and move on.

Thanks for your kind support

shanon

Reaction score
Glad to hear your back John. E3s have pulled on me and my bros for some time. Maybe our paths can cross sometime.
All the best, S

americium

Reaction score
Thanks John! After renewing the brakes it is ready go mechanically, now just a few minor cosmetic things and a good interior cleaning needed. I’m looking forward to getting it out there.