Low mileage survivor in So. Cal

mpolak

Reaction score
1972 1/2 3.0 CS BMW Coupe

The vehicle is in San Diego CA. I will take some photos of the engine and VIN as well as more detailed interior pictures. I am asking $35,000 to $30,000.

Thank you all for your questions.

mpolak

mpolak

Reaction score
1972 3.0 CS More Pictures

I recently took these pictures today. Please let me know if you would like me to take any specific pictures for your viewing.

Thanks,

mpolak

Attachments

• CIMG1752.jpg
    CIMG1752.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 298
  • CIMG1757.jpg
    CIMG1757.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 277
  • CIMG1743.jpg
    CIMG1743.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 274
  • CIMG1738.jpg
    CIMG1738.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 262
  • CIMG1745.jpg
    CIMG1745.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 291

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Pics of under the hood, including tops of fenders; spare wheel well, rocker panels, floors with carpets and insulation away from the metal (if possible), behind and up from the glove box, more interior (back seats and fronts without covers) and some under body shots are the initial usual pics of interest here.

Last edited:

mpolak

Reaction score
1972 3.0 CS Souther California Survivor

After many conversations with enthusiest and collectors I have decided to reduce the price of my car for sale. I am now just trying to sell the car soon. I would like to get rid of it before the end of the year. So in short, if someone is serious and would like to make a deal, I will consider selling the car quick. Please let me know if you are interested in it. Anyone who may have contacted me previously and the price was just to much, let me know if your still interested and we can probably work something out.

Brent

Reaction score
What happened to the undertaking of September 15, 2010 of:

" I will do that tomorrow and post them this week. Thank you for the info. "

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
have you driven a fjord, lately...

Murray or Chris; have you seen the car? Curious your opinions..
I am desperately trying not to be a smartass (wont happen...) but from the rear photo, did someone run over a body (see lower valence below bumper) and then try to cram it in the trunk (see trunk alignment). Sorry. It does look like a very nice car. More pics as suggested. Dave V. in NC

d-ace

Reaction score
$35,000 to $30,000 for and automatic CS even in great condition is extremely high on price. If this CS has been drove just a few times in the rain over the years due to the way BMW did not recoat many sections after spot welding the body parts together especially the rocker panels I would use one of these in the closed compartments before bidding on this car as one member showed once before on here>>
http://www.amazon.com/Video-Scope-C...ef=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1263334644sr=8-10

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave,

I have not seen it but I spoke with the owner back in September. I encouraged him to visit Carl Nelson to get an expert's opinion, not just an appraiser's opinion. As a one owner/family coupe with 32K miles it might be a great deal but the photos don't do it any justice. Car was photographed dripping wet, seats hidden by sheepskins, no closeups, no body shots where rust usually resides. It is a `73 and not a `72, it has the `73 U.S. bumpers and fits within the May `73 VIN listings. Someone should check it out and get the facts, it appears more of a diamond in the rough than a gem just needing a cleaning however. It certainly deserves a good home but at the right price.

d-ace

Reaction score
I must have missed that price I did not see it. I would still have someone as another member said on here check the >> “Pics of under the hood, including tops of fenders; spare wheel well, rocker panels, floors with carpets and insulation away from the metal (if possible), behind and up from the glove box, more interior (back seats and fronts without covers) and some under body shots are the initial usual pics of interest here.”
The bottom of the nose clip is another place to look it takes in the most water in the rain.

mpolak

Reaction score
1972/73 3.0 CS BMW Southern CA

After months of learning about this car, I have decided to reduce the price to sell fast. If anyone is interested I will sell fast and for a fair price. I am willing to take $16,500.00 today for the car. Please email me if you have any questions or would like to make an offer.

Thank you,

Mike

Reaction score
According to the seller's Craig's ads, the car actually has 131,000 miles.

Carl told me it's worth $6000, because "it needs everything."

CSfan

Reaction score
According to the seller's Craig's ads, the car actually has 131,000 miles.

Carl told me it's worth $6000, because "it needs everything."

MAN!! Fell out of my chair when I read this entire thread. From 35K to 24K to 16K evaluated to be 6K. (LOL)

I spoke with the owner also and he said he's not taking any less then 30K back in December.