Lowering Springs?

dspoljaric

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello all - I'd like to improve the stance on my 1972 e3. Does anyone have lowering springs from H&R or ST they would be willing to part with, or know where to look to purchase a set?

Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jim at Mesa Performance in Costa Mesa has B&G lowering springs for e3/e12 that are very affordable. I used their front springs on my e9 and like them.

dspoljaric

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! Just off the phone with Jim, and bought a pair of the B&G. Drop is 1.6" in the front, and about 1.2" in rear. He has one more pair left in stock, and that might be the last pair. I also confirmed with LaJolla that they have sets of Suspension Technique springs for the e3. Drop is about 2" per Carl. I'm also installing the e12 based ST front/rear sway bar set on the e3 while the car is on the lift. She already has Bilstein front HD and rear Sport. Once she is done I'll post some pics for the group. cheers

73 E3

Reaction score
You're going to love the ST sway bars. I have the ST springs coupled with Bilstein dampers and the ST sway bars and it's a hoot to drive. VASTLY different car from stock (my car did not have a factory RSB).

Fredomatic

Reaction score
dspoljaric, I'm interested in possibly lowering my e3 a bit. Let's us know how it goes. I'm curious how much steering camber/caster adjustment is required if any.

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Chris! Just off the phone with Jim, and bought a pair of the B&G. Drop is 1.6" in the front, and about 1.2" in rear. He has one more pair left in stock, and that might be the last pair. I also confirmed with LaJolla that they have sets of Suspension Technique springs for the e3. Drop is about 2" per Carl. I'm also installing the e12 based ST front/rear sway bar set on the e3 while the car is on the lift. She already has Bilstein front HD and rear Sport. Once she is done I'll post some pics for the group. cheers

Hi dspoljaric

Exciting! I will be installing H&R sport springs on my '73 Bavaria. If possible, please provide the model number of the ST front and rear sway bars? I may be tempted...

Regard
Bill P.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
@billpatterson - I researched on this forum and previously found this for the sway bar kit: ST Suspension 52015

Oddly, about to post on this very subject (Sway Bars)

billpatterson

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks...I received mine from TunerShop and at a similar price. Disappointed though...they are finished in brown paint!! ;)

-Bill

Attachments

• Snip20200720_1.png
    Snip20200720_1.png
    191 KB · Views: 192

mmccusername

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing to my Bavaria right now. Bought maybe the last set of B&G springs from Mesa Performance. Got the ST sway bars on Ebay for $400 and they arrived in 3 days (everywhere else seemed like a long wait.) Turns out my car has Bilsteins in the back but Boge inserts in the front. Are front BIlsteins easily available? Alternatives?