LS1-Powered 1973 BMW Bavaria 6-Speed on BaT

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've driven in it with previous owner......He is super cool dude, but not my thing. Needs a lot but not that kind of car......keep it "as-is" and have fun with it! Great autocross, grocery getter or Targa car. You won't have to worry about anyone parking next to you at Trader Joe's parking lot, let's put it that way.

AustinOski

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It’s pretty cool. Period correct/approximate seats and wheels would do a lot for me (personal preference).

The flipside, for me, is with this engine - it’s just not an E3 anymore. I’ve driven some 2002’s with some more modern BMW engines and they are cool, but they just didn’t feel like 2002’s. I’m all about a hopped-up M30 in my next E3. Plotting...

Last edited:

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Final hammer price is about what was expected, considering it sold for $1,850 less in 2017, it didn't even keep up with real inflation but this not a high dollar wheelhouse car. Hope everyone is happy.....happy.... :p :p joy....joy...

Bearmw

Reaction score
I wonder how the brakes feel with no power assist and I also noticed it doesn't appear to have the rear subframe "dog bones" despite a receipt showing them. I wonder why it doesn't have them since they were a factory upgrade.