M30B34-Powered Euro 1972 BMW 3.0CSi 5-Speed BaT (NMNA)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
A buddy of mine texted me last night about this car. He asked if it was the same coupe that won Legends when we where there in 2016 (OCCoupe's old car). I had to laugh and replied that is not anywhere close to level of Mike's old coupe.

I suppose imitation is the best form of flattery. @OCCoupe’s build is/was arguably the most well appointed e9 in the history of custom restorations. This car not so much.

I don’t think it is a coincidence that he was confused. The paint and leather combination does not seem like a coincidence. The leather wrapped dash. The same stereo with BMW knobs. The custom punched speaker holes on the rear deck. The unprecedented (by RonP standards) attention to detail in the engine bay.

It’s a sharp looking car and someone will surely enjoy it. There are many things that I would prefer to see “corrected” however.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I like the choice of “Lapis” blue even though it wasn’t available on e9’s. I had a Lapis e23 in the early 90’s. Great color. :)

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@GolfBavaria,

To answer your question without drama. While he wasn’t the pioneer, the 2000CS (rear) bumper trend was propelled into orbit by way of Christian Heine’s beautiful Schwarz CSI. He ditched the front bumper and added a clean 2000CS rear bumper. The wide coverage from stanceworks brought a lot of attention to the modification. The overall look of the car also influenced people like @scottevest, and Alex Steff with the highly polished BBS RS on Schwarz paint. It is another example of an e9 that got people buying the car, and others modifying theirs.

View attachment 146370

Here is the link to Alex’s article that you posted:

View attachment 146371

@scottevest and Benny’s other client
View attachment 146372
Thanks Marcos....cool yeah I like the look, makes sense now. I obviously missed that on the Stanceworks article 4 years ago or so. Nice memory!

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
So this is the car that inspired Ron in 2008. It was a car that he was selling for a customer. It had the 2000cs rear bumper. I don’t know if it was the first car with this mod.

I’m personally not a fan of it on either car as I think it ages the car; but I would never frown on it.
C8AB6546-653E-4681-9A33-38152806B62C.jpeg

boonies

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So this is the car that inspired Ron in 2008. It was a car that he was selling for a customer. It had the 2000cs rear bumper. I don’t know if it was the first car with this mod.

I’m personally not a fan of it on either car as I think it ages the car; but I would never frown on it.
I agree that it does age the car a bit, perhaps be we are more aware of the detail…and…the look is very clean without the rubber and under riders!

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd be afraid to ditch the bumpers with rubber on them because I live in a city with very few parking lots and therefore lots of street parking. Nothing to do with aesthetics, just practicality.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, it is a crappy pieced-together exhaust system after all! I was waiting for someone to notice the missing tow hook in the rear.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
well its crossed 140k, which is a lot more than i would have paid for it. and the comments on the low compression b34 pulling a true CSi motor. nope, not gonna happen.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just tuned in and it jumped from 122k to 133k and there are no bids showing between 122 and 133. The $133k bid isn't even showing. Is this happening to anyone else?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris, we are going to get yours off to a good start and cheer it along the way. yours has so much more going for it ... just keep me tuned as to when it goes live. i was biting my tongue on the blue one, just chose my battles to pick on - primarily the engine as to avoid a fight with RP. he did present what was done to the engine and that it could be titled in CA. we both know that i am not the originality purist, primarily because my coupe has enough changes before i got it ...