M30B35 and Manual box

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
I have an restoration project coming my way for xmas

very excited ;)

my plan is to get myself a m30 b35 and a manual box to go in it so im currently shopping for those

here the add for something i went to look at yesterday;

"BMW E32 E34 7/1988 M30B35 ENGINE as new. Bored out to 3.6L. Naturally, new pistons, rings etc. Only 16,000 Klms since total rebuild. Runs as smooth as. Starts first time every time. Hear running next 7 days. Work done on the engine can be verified.

Comes with all engine components including alternator, A/C compressor, wiring harness and ECU, exhaust manifold, ICV, water pump, fan, fan clutch, inlet manifold, fuel injectors, MAF, starter motor, power steering pump etc."

anyone got any thought or advise or if that sounds good or bad ?

im not sure about the bored out part....

and next question,

which gearbox options am i looking for and what are they out of ?

Thanks

Andy

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 5 speed is the answer
265 is OD or CR
Adam has them up by Surfers

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a 265 / 5, plus the correct bell housing to mate up to the M30. Where are you located in Oz?

If that engine checks out and all the ancillaries are in good working order then it's a good buy.

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
I have a 265 / 5, plus the correct bell housing to mate up to the M30. Where are you located in Oz?

If that engine checks out and all the ancillaries are in good working order then it's a good buy.

Hey Gazz , Im in Perth....

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
You may be able to contract Aussie CSi over there for advice. He's on this forum.

Correction - I have a Getrag 265 / 6 over drive 5 speed with the all important mechanical speedo drive.

A 265 / 5 is a different box.

Keep it in mind.

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
You may be able to contract Aussie CSi over there for advice. He's on this forum.

Correction - I have a Getrag 265 / 6 over drive 5 speed with the all important mechanical speedo drive.

A 265 / 5 is a different box.

Keep it in mind.

Thanks Gazz, how much you looking for for the box/bellhousing

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Addam Smith at BMWrecking
Unit 2/19 Industrial Avenue Ashmore
4214 Gold Coast, Queensland
(07) 5564 9511

Addam can a little disorganized at times. He's always busy. Check his Facebook site - full of 5 star testimonials.

Re my box and bell housing - $2750 plus delivery. It's a good one.

Andy the aussie

Reaction score
It is ever so critical to insert a stud into that block if you change to an earlier oil canister.

thanks, Ill be checking and double checking before messing with any of that....

trying to consider plans and options for this coupe and my question is this, when i go to have this m30b35 ready to go into my coupe I see three intake options, and the benefit of each as...

1. stick with the fuel injection system - easy/smooth/reliable
2. triple webers - because everyone loves side draughts for the look and sound
3. the current twin zenith setup - not sure that this one is actually an option... - for orignality looking engine bay

any opinions on for's and against's ?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
#1 also. Using the banana intake type reduces need to change brake boosters and have a more period/correct (tarantula intake kinda ugly IMHO) look.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not sure about twin Zeniths on a B35 - will that work?

If you go with triple Webers I have the inlet manifolds you will need. Importantly, they have been port matched for a B35 head.