M30b35 Exhaust

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,
Installing a stock m30b35.
The plan is to use the m30b35 exhaust manifolds and down pipes....the question is then what size pipe to run after that?
Also thinking to use two MagnaFlow straight through mufflers?????
Thoughts???

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi All,
Installing a stock m30b35.
The plan is to use the m30b35 exhaust manifolds and down pipes....the question is then what size pipe to run after that?
Also thinking to use two MagnaFlow straight through mufflers?????
Thoughts???
are you thinking of them in series (straight line) before the rear axle ... or one in front + one in back of rear axle? in a 3.0s, you have more room between the end of the downpipes and the rear axle.

next question, are you keeping the fuel injection on the b35? or sticking with carbs? this just brings up where you are going to mount the o2 sensor for injection

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
are you thinking of them in series (straight line) before the rear axle ... or one in front + one in back of rear axle? in a 3.0s, you have more room between the end of the downpipes and the rear axle.

next question, are you keeping the fuel injection on the b35? or sticking with carbs? this just brings up where you are going to mount the o2 sensor for injection
Hi
I’ll be running 38/38 downdrafts.
There is currently an o2 sensor in the intersecting collector.
My thought was to place one after the collector and then behind the axle.
The concernim thinking of is to not be too large to lose low end torque... but large as possible I guess.
I’ve read in here a couple different opinions but we’re old posts.

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I just used the stock E3 manifolds and downpipes. I had a 2.5" rear half bent to fit around the E28 axle. 2-1/2" is plenty large for a 200 hp setup.