m5 clutch with 3.0cs flywheel

CoachKel

Reaction score
I am cleaning out of my shop a bunch of bmw parts and trying to categorize them before I give a lot of this stuff away. I found an m5 clutch kit that one of my clients wanted for his e9. He has a 5 spd that I put in 15 years ago, but I could not remember if the e9 3.0cs flywheel would work OK with an m5 clutch setup. The clutch disc has #1861931034 and the pressure plate says TYPMF240.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
A friend told me about your listing. I own a 88 E28 M5 and would be interested in the clutch.
I am traveling back from Ofest in my 3.0CS and will be home Friday and can check the part numbers.
More than glad to pay something and at least the shipping. I'm in Atlanta.
Gary

windnsea

Reaction score
The earlier M5's went through a litany of clutch/flywheels. The best of the evolution was after 9/92 with the modified dual weight flywheel and it's associated clutch components (IFIRRC), a modified clutch and clutch disc.

Go to REALOEM.com and surf the years for the flywheels, and the clutch components.

I have both a '71 E3 Dietel Modified 2800 Bavaria (now a 3.9L) and a post 9/92 E34 M5 with the aforementioned later evolution clutch setup. The E3 has a (what was for the early 80's an ultimate clutch setup) and it takes more than just a thought to depress the clutch - it's early 80's in it's evolution. The later E34 M4 clutch and flywheel are incredibly much more operator friendly, and get the job done with much less fuss and pedal pushing.

Hope that this helps

windnsea

CoachKel

Reaction score
Thanks for passing the info along. The clutch is now gone to the coupe owner who I mentioned with the 5spd.

The earlier M5's went through a litany of clutch/flywheels. The best of the evolution was after 9/92 with the modified dual weight flywheel and it's associated clutch components (IFIRRC), a modified clutch and clutch disc.

Go to REALOEM.com and surf the years for the flywheels, and the clutch components.

I have both a '71 E3 Dietel Modified 2800 Bavaria (now a 3.9L) and a post 9/92 E34 M5 with the aforementioned later evolution clutch setup. The E3 has a (what was for the early 80's an ultimate clutch setup) and it takes more than just a thought to depress the clutch - it's early 80's in it's evolution. The later E34 M4 clutch and flywheel are incredibly much more operator friendly, and get the job done with much less fuss and pedal pushing.

Hope that this helps

windnsea