M635?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
hah, yes I am. I thought Sooner's son's car was the BAT car.

Sorry bout that.

So...$35k for 96k miles. Sounds proportional to the BAT car then I suppose.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Guess what we'll see this one go for:

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
That white one on BAT went for $30. There was an M6 expert poster who insistent this car didn’t have a catalytic converter and didn’t get the DOT import modifications, explaining that’s why it fails CA smog. I found that strange as the door sticker and the repair receipts clearly state the car did have an added CAT. This confusion probably scared off a number of bidders. But the body and interior were pretty good IMHO.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
As John knows and I have said before, most M635's were brought here to race so unless gone over with care/PPI by a knowledgeable person, one must assume the engine needs work. I drove 3 while looking and with all, my 635 was as robust and that was sad. I did end up with an 88 M6 and it is a beast. I love the thing despite not having those wonderful euro bumpers.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
My uncle raced an M635 and blew up the original motor. This was 20 years ago. Then he had Korman rebuild, at about 15k back then, and then he lost that engine too. He gave up and put a regular M30 in it, and that engine lasted a decade of racing, until he sold the car after his health declined. I think the car is still racing with it.

M motors are expensive to rebuild, bottom line. Your results may vary.