Main Headlight & Instrument Cluster Dimmer Swich61311350151

Johnny D

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi E9ers,
Does anyone know where i can source the main Headlight switch 61311350151 which also doubles up as the Instrument cluster dimmer.
I screwed up when I used the Realeom site to find ( what i thought was ) the correct part No ( 61311355791 ) only to see that it has the wrong pin outs,
even though Realeom says it will fit my E9. Hence made an error in purchasing the wrong switch.
My guess is that i have an earlier E9 so i should be sourcing the earlier switch 61311350151, but I have looked everywhere, and the correct
the part is just nowhere to be seen.

I'm thinking there are probably guys on here who have had the same experience, so any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks

Attachments

• Correct Switch 61311350151.jpeg
    Correct Switch 61311350151.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Incorrect Switch 61311355791.jpeg
    Incorrect Switch 61311355791.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 90

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If you would be willing to buy a used part, I may have one. If possibly interested, let me know and I'll check my stash.

Johnny D

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I would definitely willing to buy a used part from you.
Can you please confirm your price, and that the dimmer element has
been tested and fully functional.

Thanks

Dowst

Reaction score
If you are unable to source a replacement with correct pin out, my guess is that you could pretty easily make the new, “later” style work by either moving the spades in the harness plug (if geometry/plug allows), or removing the plug and just connecting the electrical spades to their correct respective terminals on the switch.

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Johnny,

I have several of these switches. Unable/unwilling to test them in service but quite happy to exchange or give you your money back unless you are quite satisfied. £50 inc PandP. South Cheshire.
If you are interested please give me a call on 01782 750345

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Chris,
I would definitely willing to buy a used part from you.
Can you please confirm your price, and that the dimmer element has
been tested and fully functional.

Thanks
Hi Johnny - apologies, the switch I have is not the one you need. Fortunately, it looks like you have other options.

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score
I always bypass the dimmer portion, the dash lights are not bright enough for me to ever dim. Just my two cents.
This reminds me, rather shockingly, that when I had my first Coupe I actually used the dash dimmer knob. Now I'm definitely in the same boat as you. Sometimes it's hard to believe how much night vision deteriorates. And yes, I do tell my teen age daughter to turn on the lights when she's reading. After all, you'll ruin your eyes that way!

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Johnny D - I went through this same search. Someone had one but @HB Chris method does yield the same results. The lights are so dim you'd run them at their brightest setting anyway.

There's more pics in my previous thread as well.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Window switches are early and late- what year is your car?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Run from the one on ebay

Always match your plug to a switch you buy

Contact Sebs on this site- he is great.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Johnny D - I went through this same search. Someone had one but @HB Chris method does yield the same results. The lights are so dim you'd run them at their brightest setting anyway.

There's more pics in my previous thread as well.

what I use is a LED light for panel and it is really bright, and same bulb available in blue and red, for my malaga cs I use the red led for panel and at night was easy to see and it wouldn't bother your eyes, I think BMW use a red light for many models