Malaga Coupe

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I’m glad it’s going to Austin now, it might be harder to see it here especially if it wasn’t taken care of properly.
When I sold my '67 911 soft rear window targa in 1987 it was to a local person, and I would see it often daily driven, and slowly deteriorating over the years, including being hit from behind.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So I might as well out the new owner, it’s Tom Segura. I don’t expect it will get out too much and we won’t be seeing him here either but we shall see. Keep your eyes peeled in Austin though.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Selling my 1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Coupe Roadster was easy. Loading it & really saying goodbye was much more difficult. It was the right thing to do at the time & it went to a wonderful family who is taking it to a level I never would have. Now it's Black/Red with a Natural Top & I am able to visit the car any time I want. At times I really miss driving it.

While I loved owning this & still shop for Packard Twelves, the reality is, I most likely won't buy another one.

View attachment 150783View attachment 150784View attachment 150785
Hello, this is very impressive car this is deferent class and it is very nice car,

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congrats on closing the chapter on the Malaga coupe in a smooth transaction. I’ll certainly miss seeing the car but am excited to see more progress on the Chamonix car and how it will all come together the way you want it.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
He bought this in May and I understand he has a small collection of cars, I only dealt with his business management team in Century City. I really doubt that we will hear from him but who knows.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice 911, but always puzzles me why someone would spend so much on a 997 for the same amount one can get a 991.1 or 991.2.

992s maybe harder to come by since the GT3 just came out

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
No way to get a new RS unless you are a long time p-Car customer which I think inflates all RS prices regardless of MY. Frankly I don't get the premium on regular 997 GT3's . All RS are pretty special. If I had the money, I'd probably opt for a GT2 997...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i would rather have any 997 over a 991 / 992. the 997 is shorter, has regular steering. the 991 / 992 has electronic steering - no road feel ... precise has hell, but somehow it loses some of its soul. it is also 4" longer. yes there are some interesting tweaks to the 991 such as 4 wheel steering and more HP ... that being said, i like the looks of the 991 c2, just like the 718's i just prefer the non-turbo cars. my 997s with its 3.8L engine gets 30 to 32 mpg at 80 mph on the freeway ... its a blast to drive. yes the gt3 is faster, its a lot stiffer, but not so comfortable for everyday driving. but if you have a gt3, you aren't going to drive it that often.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Second what Scott says above.
My 2006 997.1 (non S, RWD) is all I ever see needing/wanting. The 325hp here is plenty and I just like how light the entire package feels. I don't really want more power. I get into enough trouble with it as it is. LOL --- I have about 145k on it now - so it has plenty of warts/road-rash, but I don't want anything else. It is my 'nicer weather' commutermobile. In the rain, I drive my E38 (with 235k on it). For my really ugly days & snow - I have my F250 with 4WD.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
mine has 94k, and i drive it every day. i rarely use more than 8/10 of what it has to offer.