Maximillian for Coupe Parts

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
Porsche is in a different league. Translates into rabid fan base. BMW doesn't get it.

If you said that five years ago, I'd would have agreed with you. Porsche has tried to go more mainstream with the Macan, the Cayenne and the Panamera
This has sold more cars but has split the fan base in two. Now there is a lot of discussions between owners of "real" Porsches and newer model owners. There is still a bunch of rabid old timers, but the sheer numbers of owners of the newer models is overwhelming everything. It's not unusual for a Macan owner to also own an M3 and say nice things about both cars.

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i have both now - a 997s (911) and a macan S. my wife used to drive an audi Q5, and although they are basically the same car, the seats are so much nicer in the porsche ... and the extra 90 hp doesn't hurt either. i am here to tell you that the macan drives amazingly well although is not a 911 or a cayman. the panamera is just a really big car that also does surprisingly well considering its size - tossable, NO.

i used to think that most other cars were just basic transportation, they didn't drive the way that BMW and Porsche drove ... i think a lot of the current BMW start to fit into that basic transportation mode ... the M's excluded.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think a lot of the current BMW start to fit into that basic transportation mode ... the M's excluded.
Sad indictment. So what does one look to drive if the budget is < $50K ???