Reaction score
Drive carefully as they are not the strongest even with a cage
Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 13.06.18.png

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The cage didn't help in that case...

http://www.historicracing.com/driver_detail.cfm?driverID=7773
"At around 11 pm on Saturday 21 July 1973, seven hours into the race, Joisten's was leading when he lapped two Group 1 Alfa Romeos GTV, driven by Claude Ballot-Léna and Roger Dubos, in the long right hand bend at Burneville.
Just as he passed Dubos on the slippery Malmédy bend, Joisten suddenly swerved to the right and crashed into the Armco and spun back into the middle of the track where he was collected head on by Dubos. They were both killed instantly. "

Drive carefully as they are not the strongest even with a cage[

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice job! Make sure that your holes are still large enough after chrome!

Tony.dreamer

Raider of the lost parts
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nice pieces,
I would imagine that I would make all of the edges rounded. I would imagine that it would help in protecting the seat belts from unnecessary wear, and chrome adhesion and longivity .

Cheers!

Rek

Reaction score
Thanks - the holes have 1.5mm extra for the chrome. I will have to get them smoothed out before chroming. I hope the chromers can do that.

Rek

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a machine shop near north london that can chamfer the edges of these plates before polishing and chroming? My chromers can only polish the edge which will work but make the pieces look very clunky.

Christopher

Site Donor
Reaction score
I use Bluntray engineering, who are just around the corner from Colonnade in Wembley