Might be a good find in CA - 3.0 cs

abe3.0CSi

Reaction score
Looks like alot of original stuff..take a look at the radio it has similar knobs to the a/c...and nice original steering wheel.
abe

sirshorty

Reaction score
2800cs on ebay

hi all,

Spoke with the owner on this car and it seems to be a really good car but i live in NYC so to buy it without seeing it may be nutty.I'm looking for a new cs automatic and ready to pull the trigger and this might be just right. Can anyone recommend a shop in the el monte/ LA area who could look at it for me or perhaps a member here who would do that without buying it for themselves!!!(LOL)
thanks

Shorty
917-923-5087

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
...but it looks like it's not the original color, but rather it was some shade of blue...? See the trunk shots.

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Shorty,

Tom and I have been speaking about this car since yesterday...he thinks you are very interested...I plan to inspect it today later and live nearby.

There were no less than 5 (numbered) shades of e9 Coupe silver ... so perhaps the recent respray was of a differnt base color...hmmm...?

Picture3-4.png

PS your telephone mailbox is full, so I assume your need for inspection has been fulfilled...? Will try you later...just in case...

Cheers!

Ran

PS the car is actually in Orange County about 50 miles away at his sister's home...Bistol grey would be my guess....on the respray at least...
Notes: the Burlingame 'M' license plate (service facility) frame which is up near San Francisco ... ALSO the interior appears to be black (not blue)
the battery post condition goes along with the jumper cables in the boot, the car is at least 3 years out of current CA registration which could cost thousands!

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another case for chief inspector Cluseau, the last picture shows little oil drops in the garage, and the rear left window plug is out, maybe it has been raised manually lately. Burlingame is a good place to raise a Coupe, only question is how far back has the car left Burlingame, and was the re-spray plus interior done during the tenure of the Burlingame owner.
Unknown container in the trunk, could be coolant, could be tanning lotion, not sure which one is worse to find.

Oh, and our latest battle cry: get the VIN number for the registry!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, and our latest battle cry: get the VIN number for the registry!
That I always do Arde...
pinkpanthersellers.jpg
(saving them up like monopoly chips as the VIN is useless to me without the original color info.)
mollysims0114oz.jpg

Speaking of Clouseau....Good call on the window and oil spotting... Burlingame could have been the first owner's addy (have a call into the shop there) to verify. Respray and interior said to have been done up recently by current owner...perhaps he's color blind or is the interior blue? That container could be personal lubricant?

Cheers!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There weren't 5 silvers on coupes just polaris and polaris neu, bristol is very grey and I have never seen a bristol coupe, this car is silver not bristol. Has the red screwdrivers, worth it just for that!

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I have 3 or 4 of those red screwdrivers from passed on BMW's in a Folger's can in my basement...just what is it about that trivial item that brings sweat to some owners palms?
:mrgreen:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
I viewed the car yesterday, she's getting a one day permit today so that I can drive it to the lift and inspect it closely as it's got real potential...will keep you updated.

The car was originally nacht blau and it's been inactive for years so it's stiff but the price is good and over all I would say it's a seven.

There are 2 siblings involved here, one on craig's leg and one the bay but since both are acting independently (which is really weird) we are concerned that the car is hot, 3 years cooled off and neither of them own it which means we don't wish to either!

lol!

Trucopey

Reaction score
So?

Did any one in this forum buy this coupe? Looks decent. I am interested but I am deployed in Iraq right now. Alex

Last edited:

jranmann

Banned
Reaction score
Stan, per your request and I assume you will register her?

This Coupe VIN 2280518
Original color 040 (Nachtblau metallic)

Interesting it's one of the last 10 US 2800CSA's built 1971.
....as far as I know it's gone.

Cheers!

Ran