Mmmmmm

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would guess $500-$600. Anymore than that, I doubt that it will sell. Heck, I'd grab it at this price!

duane_sword

Reaction score
by the way, my car is used in the photo set in this auction.... however, I am not the seller of the Alpina chin spoiler....

and for the record, though I do not have an original B2 Alpina, the chin spoiler on my coupe is authentic Alpina

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
the last one I saw on ebay about 4 months ago the seller was asking $1,500 or best offer. I think he probably got something over $1,000. The difference was that the seller claimed it was original Alpina. You just don't see these parts come around much. Replica will work for me if fitment is good. The other spoilers out there are too big and bulky IMHO. Keep the parts coming...

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
$100 UPS ground shipping charge---are you kidding me? Recently, I had shipped a new E24 6 series M-Tech rear spoiler through FedEx ground for less than $25 and it weighed more than this light fiberglass airdam. Just hate sellers who rip off buyers with exorbitant shipping fees.

Last edited:

Gosch

Reaction score
The original Alpina spoiler (Type 4100 - 612) is to be obtained from Alpina in Germany, New.

Price, about 300 to 400 Euro + shipping.

Call 0498241 5005-128 or 129

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The original Alpina spoiler (Type 4100 - 612) is to be obtained from Alpina in Germany, New.

Price, about 300 to 400 Euro + shipping.

Call 0498241 5005-128 or 129

Thanks for the info! The only thing is shipping to the USA will be a killer.

kwyjibo

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have contacted the seller -who is NOT the one that had all the CSL and Alpina stuff a while back, that guy was in SF -and he/she verified that it is a copy, see reply below. Also, regarding the stated shipping cost, in the sellers feedback, on one of the few sales by this person, the buyer gave a neutral rating, complaining about the expensive shipping.

" This spoiler happens to be made from a mold of one that was sold by Alpina, but please understand that Alpina did not produce these spoilers originally. They hired a fiberglass company to produce them. This is the exact same thing, but technically not bought from Alpina. There is absolutely no difference, even the Alpina logo is on the spoiler as you can see in the pictures. Alpina did not put part numbers or anything else on these spoilers to differentiate them from a copy. They did start to do this when they became a production company in 1978 even if the part was subbed out.
The early stuff which this spoiler is part of, could have been made in someone's garage as Alpina was not producing many cars early in the 70's, about 500 cars total per year for all the models. Hope this helps. If you have any further questions feel free to email me. "

And, @ Bert and others interested in getting them directly from Alpina as Gosch sugggested, what about a group buy? If the shipping from over seas is made more reasonable as one lump shipment to someone in the US who then ships them out to everybody else, it COULD come out much cheaper. We just need to get the actual shipping costs to do the comparison. The last time I looked, the exchangerate was not as bad as last year.... just something to think about.

bmwmadman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I called KSK in the US - they laughed at me about getting this spoiler. The women said no way and that it's been unavailable for at least 1 decade if not 2. I then emailed Alpina directly. They referred me to someone in FL that laughed at me again. So you might try verifying this info because I doubt they are available..

eastsideM3

Reaction score
$100 UPS ground shipping charge---are you kidding me? Recently, I had shipped a new E24 6 series M-Tech rear spoiler through FedEx ground for less than $25 and it weighed more than this light fiberglass airdam. Just hate sellers who rip off buyers with exorbitant shipping fees.

Haha I would love to be able to ship a six foot by 2 foot box accross the country for 25.00?? I think your fibbing sir.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I just had a $170 fiberglass 911 splitter shipped about 3/4 of the way across the US.

Weighs a pound at most.

$68!

chicane

Reaction score
I'm sorry but for $700 (including shipping) I would build my own replica spoiler from scratch.