Monterey Report for Jagermobile & 700

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What an incredible event! We had such a great week, the time flew by. The TiSA did quite well, with a second at Carmel, and Best of Show at the Legends.

Monterey_1.jpg

The CSL ran well, despite the fact that we are still chasing carb issues. We had Loynings in Portland modify the carbs to alleviate the flooding we have been dealing with in the corners. All week we kept dropping the float level, until the main race on Saturday we found we had dropped it just a little bit too far and the car starved for fuel going up the hill. I finished mid-pack.

Monterey_2.jpg

The 700 started out fine, but after about 5-6 laps began loosing compression due to the heat. It had a difficult time getting up the hill by the end of my races. Still, the car was a big hit. My wife went up to the cork screw on Sunday afternoon and she said there was a large group of people who would cheer every time I came by.

We had some interesting people come by the paddock to look at the cars. Ludwig Willich, who was driving the factory CSL for the weekend, came by, along with these folks:

Monterey_3.jpg

"Just don't have a BMW in the background!" he said while we took his picture. :-D

Monterey_4.jpg

This guy really loved our team apparel:

Monterey_5.jpg

That is my eldest daughter and her 4 kids who came up from Florida to watch Grandpa race. That made things pretty special!

rb1971

Reaction score
Watching your 700 race Sunday was a lot of fun from the BMW CCA paddock as well. I'm only sorry I couldn't make it down in time to see the Jager race.