Montreal Blau Vs. Avus Blau

BluE9

Reaction score
Hi folks,

In the midst of deciding on a color for a repaint of my '71 2800 CS. We have eliminated the cars original color (Nacht Blau) from the running as it is a very dark blue.

We are left with Montreal Blau and Avus Blau as contenders and hoping a few of you can share photos of an E9 in either of those colors.

Many thanks,

Greg

BluE9

Reaction score
Not E9 colors

What about Baikal, Atlantik, Arktic Blau, AtlantisBlau or Riviera?

Thanks Stan, yep not E9 colors but maybe headed that way just the same. Straying from tradition (we think) that's why we are asking for photos..I somehow recall having seen someone post a 3.0 in the Avus or Montreal.

BluE9

Reaction score
Never seen this before!

http://www.e9forum.com/?page_id=155

Oh duh, if it's not an e9 color I guess it wouldn't be there.

I found a few with a Google search.

Thanks for this! We are familiar with this page. Still not enough information to push to a decision. We are looking for some of the folks who may own a car with the colors we referenced..or any of the other "Blues" that Stan noted.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One is too metallic and the other too hard to pronounce...

BluE9

Reaction score

hard to argue with..After Stan sent me suggestions we are not looking at other "Blues". Anyone out there that owns a car in Bailkal? would enjoy seeing some photos..again, many thanks!

BluE9

Reaction score

hard to argue with..After Stan sent me suggestions we are now looking at other "Blues". Anyone out there that owns a car in Bailkal? would enjoy seeing some photos..again, many thanks!

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have an Avus car.

Gary

Attachments

• Coupe1.jpg
    Coupe1.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 133

G

Reaction score
The last car I had painted I bought a cheap $50 Nissan fender ..And then had the painter spray the 3 different colors I was contemplating. Some colors looked great in the shade and not so great in sunlight and vice versa . Cant imagine taking a chance and painting an entire car off an Internet pic.
Good Luck !