more nimble an e9 or 120

hdx 120

Reaction score
Heard the e 9 are boats and that the 2000 c is a better track car. Alot lighter and aglie it only has a four but it wont push big like the e-9 to much weight up there What do u think?

racerxx

Reaction score
Those Babies Do Nothing, But Run!

Just look at its racing history, facts don't lie.

Those babies do nothing, but run!

And that from a guy who raced his M3 in this morning breaking 140, my competition was a turbo GTI (that sucker was quick). However, I could have been driving a go-kart and still had as much fun. Just give me wheels and a hill!

Moral of the story: No matter what you get, you'll love it and have a great time.

John Raho
Westport, Connecticut

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard the e 9 are boats and that the 2000 c is a better track car. Alot lighter and aglie it only has a four but it wont push big like the e-9 to much weight up there What do u think?
dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

shanon

Reaction score
if you want to "win" in the vintage race scene, i think you'll have to look for a trick Porsche 914/6........they have the weight and aero advantage. they're Go Karts.

but if you want to bring a very welcomed and very rare shape to an event (some BMW other than an 02)....show up in a CS (regardless of year) and you'll have a blast and a definite crowd pleaser. If you wan to try to win, strip it down fighting weight, and throw alot $$$ at the motor and suspension.......then you 'might' have a contender.

but its amazing how fast those Porsches and Datsuns are.....you'll lose the drags with the big bore cars but drop them thru the corners....good fun!

just get out there and its fun regardless where you are in the grid-
-shanon
'70 2800cs

threewebers

Reaction score
I thought with the new motor the "losing the drags" was a thing of the past?Missed shawn at the big bore bash,the black car with the group 2 flares was there running 1.34s at the big track!The fastest 914s are in the low 130s so there is a chance for victory!My car is however :( still on the trailor but getting closer!

shanon

Reaction score
the VARA boys fly!! probably fastest and largest club on the west coast. Great fields.
The black grp2 CSL has a very stroked M6 (s38?) and HUGE rubber, 10" rears I think. We have almost caught him but...
we figure ya need about 400hp + to run up front. Shawn's CS weighs 2600lbs now and dyno'd 275hp at the rear wheels. It has a stroked 3.5L w/ triple 45s (we like the period triple carb look), 16" Alpinas, 12.5 compression, wild cam, racing gas only now......not very streetable any more, trailered to tracks.

There comes a point where the huge wheels & rubber (Hoosiers!) starts pulling away, they can hold better at very high speed (140+) in the corners.....but and then CSs hit a aerodymic wall, that the Porsches with similar power, lighter weight and and better aero just start crawling away.

We just about max'd a 'privateer car' we think, if ya want to go faster in a CS, better find a factory car (a very light grp2 grp5 with a turbo or FI 400hp+ motor)...or wait for other driver errors... :wink:

I'll hopefully be in the battle in back next season, playing the attrition card and waiting for mistakes :twisted:
-shanon
'70 2800CS

shanon

Reaction score
thanks for the tip MP!

I'd seen that site before, great stuff. That'd be hilarious if someone showed up to an event in a CS with one of those. He'd get a big thumbs up from me as they blew my doors off lapping me for the checker!

I can hear the protests now....
-shanon