Moulding above side windows

mdf

Reaction score
Has anyone out there installed the long moulding strips (part number 51131813025, and 51131813026) onto their cars? Is there a trick ? Do they slide on or bang on?
Do I start from the front or rear? I will make an attempt tomorrow and can use some guidance/suggestions.

Any advice appreciated.

-MF

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I had to re-install my passenger side. A previous owner had used silicone caulk to stick it to the glass.

I used Lexel this time.

I installed with the window up, there is a rubber tab at the top of the vent window frame the metal piece should rest against.

restart

Reaction score
I recently put that rain gutter trim on an e30. On the e30 bmw uses little clamps pictured below.

I haven't had the trim off my coupe so dunno if that part would work in this case. I can assure you they hold the e30 trim on.
Check the pic and the part number is 51131863499. If you google that number you will see some variations.
It may be a simple to make the appropriate sized once you get the principle.

Part number 2 below.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 158

glenn in encinitas

Site Donor
Reaction score
No clamps. Glue not necessary unless the trim has been bent.

Starting at the front, set the trim on the gutter lip and twist it on- gently. The gutter lip will rotate under the trim and it will snap into place. Work your way back. Sometimes, at the very end where there is not a lot of trim that is available to twist, you may need to persuade with a soft rubber mallet- but be careful not to scratch the trim. I cover it with a shop rag or equivalent and give it a tap or two. Don't bang so hard that you bend the shape on the inside of the trim. It's an exercise in patience, but not hard. Removal is the opposite: twist and lift.