Moving my vinyl to mobile fidelity inner sleeves

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I’m about a third of the way into moving my 2000 lp records into mofi sleeves. It’s a labor of love. It reminds me to play some hidden gems, like Big Star’s 3rd.
719F2802-8BD5-42B4-9472-A30C9AD2E0D8.jpeg

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
They avoid paper cuts that can show up in the vinyl when removing and replacing them and reduces the cover rub that occurs when records move around. Of course my records are already in plastic sleeves to prevent most ring wear, so it also makes it easier to get them out to listen to (you only remove the inner sleeves which are stored outside the cover, but still contained in the outside sleeves).

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
For anyone considering these, be sure to save the original sleeves in their proper location, as they add value as collectibles. And retain the shrink wrap for protection and the hype stickers for value. Just sayin...

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I remember buying Mobil Fidelity's first high quality pressings of records I already owned, and listening to them back to back with the original vinyl. The improvement was amazing.

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I remember buying Mobil Fidelity's first high quality pressings of records I already owned, and listening to them back to back with the original vinyl. The improvement was amazing.
I agree. I have several that are amazing. Oddly, for me one exception is my OG copy of Crime Of The Century which sounds better (less noise, pops etc) than the brand new mobile fidelity half speed master.