My '73 Bav

shanon

Reaction score
Nice car and enjoyed reading the thread.

Just recently decided to straddle the E9/E3 fence this last week and got a '73. Having fun learning about the '4 door' Coupe and wish my coupe's doors closed has nice as the Bav's... ;)

The wheel and tire chat was interesting, mine came with the 6.5"x14" ET22 BBS/Mahls with meaty 205/70 rubber. The BBS' are definitely more tedious to clean then my Alpina clones.

Any interior pics perhaps?
Curious, who made the air dam? pretty cool.

All the best!

Mot27cars

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice car and enjoyed reading the thread.

Just recently decided to straddle the E9/E3 fence this last week and got a '73. Having fun learning about the '4 door' Coupe and wish my coupe's doors closed has nice as the Bav's... ;)

The wheel and tire chat was interesting, mine came with the 6.5"x14" ET22 BBS/Mahls with meaty 205/70 rubber. The BBS' are definitely more tedious to clean then my Alpina clones.

Any interior pics perhaps?
Curious, who made the air dam? pretty cool.

All the best!
I think the airdam is a 1969 or 1970 mustang air dam.

73 E3

Reaction score
Today was a good today, put 60 miles or so on the E3 running a few errands.
20211017_163055.jpg
20211017_141755.jpg

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Every time I see a really nice E3, I wonder how it is these are still overlooked by so many. I mean these are serious drivers cars and look amazing. Some of the subtle upgrades owners add to their E3 really make them truly suitable for driving in 2022. I think they really stand out and the more that are saved and back out there and impressing the rest of the motoring world, the better! ;)

Last edited:

73 E3

Reaction score
Well, I've decided to jump a bit deeper into this E3. After doing some soul searching, I think it's time to breath some fire into this old girl. I'm planning on transplanting the M30B35 with the 5-speed into her with a set of triple 44mm Mikuni PHH carbs hanging off one side, along with a Stahl header hanging off the other. I'm hoping the header will mate up with my Supersprint system without too much fuss. I'm going to do a quick tear-down on the 3.5 before I install it and change rings and bearings, gaskets, hone the cylinders, etc. I'm not trying to go down a $10K rabbit hole by doing a full engine built, but I'd like to hear some opinions on what I should do about going through the B35 cylinder head, namely a more aggressive cam and valvetrain setup.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You will be going from 170hp to 207hp with lots more torque so I don’t see a need to replace the cam especially since you will run triples and a header. Bearings, chains, rings front and rear crank seals, etc. and you should be good to go. And since you are in there you might replace the water pump and rebuild the PS pump with new hoses too.

Reactions: GPD

Baikallackierung

Reaction score
I would be prepared to replace the oil pump after measuring the old one and also secure the oil pump sprocket properly and tension the chain (with shims, I think).

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Reach out to me if and when, I may be interested in your 4 speed set-up for my automatic Bav.