My '73 CSi on BaT

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
now we are getting next to the ballpark - just not inside it yet - 90k ... in the 2 min. box with 4 bidders. okay, we have entered the stadium - 100k

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
If it was Taiga or Inka or Granatrot, probably be a $140k sell.

Congrats though; big money nonetheless!

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, as we've discussed before, the color change to non-(cool)-70s color definitely puts a lot of potential buyers on the sidelines. I remember making that choice away from the original Nachtblau, thinking "Well, how much could this possibly hurt me if I ever sell it?" Ahem.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
After seeing the car in person and the money spent, the new owner is getting a hell of a car for a hell of a price.

Still, $114K is pretty strong money. Congrats Andy!
Thanks, Vince, and thanks for chiming in along with other familiar names!

Antar

Site Donor $
Reaction score
D.C. (originally from Northern California)
Congratulations @ablank135 on your sell today! Way to stick with it an make the changes to get you over $100k. Your car is beautiful. The new owner has purchased a very nice E9. Your sell today made me feel much better about my recent over budget project my engine and 5speed upgrades to my 73 CS.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
And I still thank my lucky stars I sold in October. Reds including Malaga and Granatrot just don’t do as well as the very common Polaris and Fjord.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
$22k more than two years ago. I think it was pretty realistic, TBH. No complaints from me. I'll certainly be directing the new owner to the forum here.
Glad you’re happy with the result. New owner will be ecstatic. The listing photos were first rate but in this case the car is more impressive in person. I was not expecting to like the interior as much as I did, it’s a really great shade of brown.
Colors are so subjective. Fortunately e9s look great in just about every color that was available (Sahara being the exception IMO).
It’s strange that reds are underperforming. Not my first choice but I’d trade my Polaris for Verona. o_O

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
And I still thank my lucky stars I sold in October. Reds including Malaga and Granatrot just don’t do as well as the very common Polaris and Fjord.
It’s good that tastes are different.
I would trade my Fjord for Malaga

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
before i bought my coupe, i always saw fjord or polaris ... so i didn't want those colors at that time. fjord always seemed so prevalent. i have to admit, i have really grown to like the color. always loved it on a 2002 or the e3. polaris is just classic for a coupe, just like atlantic, which i actually have a slight preference for over nacht (i know they are basically the same color just one metallic / one not).

i kind of think of coupes in either (no particular order and your opinion may vary)
cool 70's colors
- inka
- ceylon
- taiga
- turkis
- colorado
- verona
- granatrot
- golf
- tundra
- mintgrun (rare)
- pastelblau (rare)

classic colors (like a classic suit)
- atlantic / nacht
- schwarz
- anthracite
- polaris
- fjord
- baikal
- riviera
- arktisblau (rare)
- malaga
- chamonix
- agave
- bristol (rare)
- granada (rare)

then there are the others (no offense to anybody, just not my personal favorites on a coupe)
- sahara
- siena
- jadegrun
- amazonasgrun
- florida (rare)
- nevada (rare)

Last edited: