My E3-Licensed and Insured Today

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Now I need to get some miles on it to find all those things that you find when you think you are done. ;)
IMG_4917.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4931.jpeg

IMG_4930.jpeg

IMG_4929.jpeg

IMG_4920.jpeg

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks great Dick, drive it around until something breaks, fix and repeat. Sorting out on the way to reliable driver status is fun, may it pass quickly!

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Awesome. Great Color too. I love the look of the brushed aluminum dash inserts vs. the typical wood grain of the later e3's.
Don't think I've ever seen a radio delete console.
Drive that baby!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looks great Dick, drive it around until something breaks, fix and repeat. Sorting out on the way to reliable driver status is fun, may it pass quickly!
Thanks, Eric. I agree with your process. I tend to make bigger and bigger circles from the shop until I'm problem free in a 30 mile or so loop. It is fun (but then so are most of the phases of a restoration. :cool: )

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Awesome. Great Color too. I love the look of the brushed aluminum dash inserts vs. the typical wood grain of the later e3's.
Don't think I've ever seen a radio delete console.
Drive that baby!
Thanks! I think this will be the best "cruiser" I've ever done. I have driven my Rover V8 powered MGB on a 2,000+ mile trip to California and back, but the same trip in this car will be in style :cool:.

I also like the somewhat uniqueness of the brushed aluminum dash inserts AND the body colored rear panel that was done for less than a year.

I love music, but not while I'm driving one of my collector cars. It detracts from the "experience" (IMO). I also think that an antenna on one of these (and others) is just an unneeded and unattractive "barb". I'm happy that it is a radio delete car. (not actually "delete"...just not added by the US dealer).