My E9 Donor...Euro 1981 635csi

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
So not much work has gone into fixing my E9 since I've bought it a year and a half ago. I've got big plans for it, and hope to make it look similar to jabberjaw once I'm finished, but I know that will be many years from now because of my financial situation.

I've always been looking for cheap parts in order to have everything I'll need to get it done, and then I came across a golden find on craigslist, and it was only 15 min away from me.

Ladys and Gentlemen I'm happy to introduce you to my 1981 Euro 635csi. It has a 5 speed trans, koni suspension, tan leather recaro seats, small Euro bumpers, Alpina badging and stripes, and yes, real 16" staggered Alpina wheels. A great find I must say. She is a basket case right now and doesn't run, but that doesn't bother me at all right now. I hope to get her running eventually, but not in a rush. Eventually I'm going to pull the 3.5 out of her, trans, wheels, and anything else that may be of use to the E9.

Can anyone direct me with a list of what are all the parts that I can use from this car on my E9? I wish I can follow this thread up with a build of my E9 but I'm not there yet.

Attachments

• IMAG0347.jpg
    IMAG0347.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMAG0349.jpg
    IMAG0349.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMAG0351.jpg
    IMAG0351.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 233
  • IMAG0352.jpg
    IMAG0352.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

waynesie

Reaction score
Wow, thats just got Alpina stuff on it, right?
Its not a B7 or B9 e24 alpina is it?

Which ever, great score.

I picked up an '80 euro 635 whit a blown head gasket, 5speed dogleg CR, and black sport seats.

I too would be interested in what is compatible with the e9. I only know the bigstuff like the motor, trans, diff, intake. Seats need an adapter.

If you want to trade for black interior let me know, I would rather have tan.

Wayne

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
Wow, thats just got Alpina stuff on it, right?
Its not a B7 or B9 e24 alpina is it?

Wayne

Wayne I wish it was a real Alpina. It just has Alpina parts on it, which is great for me. As far as the interior goes I'm not interested in selling/trading/or parting it out as of yet.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow, that Euro E24 does not look like a parts car!
I gues you can use the engine, transmission and wheels. Suspension and steering I believe is different at least from my E24. Interior you cannot use much. The Recaros are probably better if sold to fund the project than trying to fit them into an E9.

But why not restore that E24 first?

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
Wow, that Euro E24 does not look like a parts car!
I gues you can use the engine, transmission and wheels. Suspension and steering I believe is different at least from my E24. Interior you cannot use much. The Recaros are probably better if sold to fund the project than trying to fit them into an E9.

But why not restore that E24 first?

Actually this is a E12 based 6 series, which is different than the E24's from my understanding. I know it doesn't look like a parts car, and I actually would like to make this one a summer driver for a few years until I'm ready to do the E9. The only thing that would stop me from trying to restore this and my E9 is money, and the E9 is going to be the winner.

Does anyone know if the suspension from this is usable on the E9? This thing sits really low (I really like the stance), I had to put a 2x12 on top of a 2x4 under the front tire for the front bumper to clear the Uhaul.

waynesie

Reaction score
the rear is a coil over with three bolts holding the top of the shock support to the body. this is different than the e9.

Wayne

Paul Roupas

Reaction score
Here are some more pics of her :)

Attachments

• IMAG0356.jpg
    IMAG0356.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IMAG0355.jpg
    IMAG0355.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 246
  • IMAG0357.jpg