My New Air Dam

tmason

Reaction score
I got my car out and got her smog certified again.I really do like the new look on this rusty 74 CSA.I know mud flaps,F-250 mirrors(74 eletrics) and a 08 Dodge bumper ripped up is not for everyone but after surfing though a website with all the fiberglass add on, the look is as good as some of them and for free,but what really made my day was having my 20 year old come home and say Wow that really does look good!So off to DMV tomorrow and some touring before the rain sends it back to the barn! Thanks for reading and happy touring to all! Tim

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
What kind of smog tests are done to a '74? Anything like the CA requirements for '76 and newer?

Dan

tmason

Reaction score
Smog

Yes it's like Calif. but they after so many years don't have to smog. In Nv you can get a special plate but it limits the mileage and you have to have the mileage inspected at DMV each year so I'm going to find out more about that tonight.

tmason

Reaction score
Legal Drive

20.00 smog,60.00 under the table,49.00 DMV tags,4.00 insurance for 6 months and a drive though Camel of Reno with the dog,(wife in Chicago)Priceless!

steve in reno

Reaction score
Tim
The NV classic plate limits mileage to 2,500 miles per year. After initial reading you send in a downloaded/signed cert., no need to return to DMV.
Then no more smog or inspections. Doing it for 6 years.
steve

tmason

Reaction score
Classic Plates

Thanks Steve
I am going to call DMV before going down there to make sure I don't have to have them smog again.That is what the guy who smogged it said they do but when I registered it the lady said they make sure its legal and make sure the odometer works. Tim

bern-GEE

Reaction score
Airdam INstallation....

...How did you get the airdam on and what difficulties did you see. I have a project coming up and want to gain some insight - many thx

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Send me your email and send photo's,will not post photo's.Thanks
[email protected]

is it a reason for NOT posting photos ?
this is a forum, right ?
if we all do not post photos what this will look like ?
lots of ideas, come from other´s photos and the support of a graphic information in some cases is essential, if you do not show your air damm why do you start a post called that way ?
if you have privacy/secrecy problems, cover your license plate, or make close ups
that´s what i think
...:?:

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
is it a reason for NOT posting photos ?
this is a forum, right ?
if we all do not post photos what this will look like ?
lots of ideas, come from other´s photos and the support of a graphic information in some cases is essential, if you do not show your air damm why do you start a post called that way ?
if you have privacy/secrecy problems, cover your license plate, or make close ups
that´s what i think
...:?:

I lost a rare car to a forum trolling thief about 4 years ago. It was a one of 87 1995 VR6 Corrado imported into North America. If I had a rare CSL that did not live in a secured enclosure, I'd be hesitant to post photos, just for the bait factor. I can't imagine what losing one of those after sweating a restoration must feel like. I do see your point though and love looking at E9 photos, so blurring the plate is a good idea. I gotta see what F-150 parts look like on an E9, so Email on the way.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here in PA, the one-plate-in-the rear state(oops, Commonwealth) I paid $94. 20 years ago for an "Antique" plate. No annual registration, no mechanical or emissions inspection.

Sent some exterior photos - period. I have not heard from PENNDOT since.

I bundle the coupe with my State Farm Policy, again a couple of photos. Agreed value, $30K. I can even take my coupe to high performance drivers's schools in NY, CN, VA. I am even allowed occassional trips to work.
Annual premium, $210.

There is some kind of mileage restriction - 4,000? But it averages out over the years.
Again, no one has ever checked.

And who would notice that our odo's roll over after 99999K. And any shade tree mechanic can roll them back blindfolded.

Steve

tmason

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't mean anything by not posting here.(I have posted photo's here) It is just so much easier to send from my iphone!