My New Book "The Hack Mechanic Guide to European Automotive Electrical Systems"

coupelady

Reaction score
WOW! So much needed, it must've been a brain teaser to compile that. Will you have copies available at The Vintage?

What we had to look at during the restoration of the coupe was nuts!

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Thanks again!

Thanks again, folks. Amy (coupelady), no, unfortunately the book won't be published until the end of June, so I won't have them at The Vintage. Just my hackneyed tired old "Memoirs," that I will be glad to sign in motor oil, blood, Redline MTL, or all three!

coupelady

Reaction score
I have read, with great interest, your last book. It was very entertaining as your Roundel on line weekly and Roundel monthly columns. I feel certain that only you can make a wiring diagram fun to look at.

See ya at The Vintage!

americium

Reaction score
I took the plunge and pre-ordered a copy! I'm actually pretty good at figuring things out but information on some of the later systems will be very helpful when I convert my CS to a 3.5.

Also, the Bentley manuals I've seen are great quality content. I look for to receiving this book!

Thanks for the discount too!
John

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Steve, no, The Sheriff has left the building

Steve, I LOVE that you remember Sheriff Johnson! Sadly, no; he does not make an appearance in this book. (Though, in retrospect, perhaps he should have; there are chapters on vintage ignition, and the points in The Sheriff did close up in east Texas.)

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So Rob, it sounds like you will again need to be hawking your books at the PVGP!

If so, I will bring mine so that I can have signed copies of both of your books. A set of these babies will be worth a fortune someday for sure.

79aggie

Reaction score
Hmmmm, wonder if it'll translate to fixing my wife's washing machine (I don't run the thing, it's a learning disability, she's so much better at it than me anyway), but she said whatever button you push to have it run isn't doing so, but all the little lights are on.

Don't recall having significant electrical trouble with the '72 coupe...the '73 Europa and '00 e53, now that's a different story. One is a little gremlin the other one is just plain evil.

I've been putting off really under standing electrical systems since Dr Fry fried my *ss in Physics 201. I guess it's time to get over that.

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Book at the printers now

Thanks folks. The book actually went out to the printers early this week, so we should be on target for the June 27th pub date. That's what I know.

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
35% Discount Code Going Away Very Soon

Hey, folks, FYI, as the ship date of the book is nearing, the "FriendOfRob" 35% off discount code that Bentley Publishers is offering if you pre-order my new electrical book is about to go away. It will certainly go away once books are actually in stock and shipping, maybe sooner.

Amazon will be carrying the book, but I have no idea what discount they'll offer.

ECS Tuning has the book (rather, WILL HAVE the book when it ships at the end of June) at about 25% off, which may make sense if you're also ordering parts from ECS. Similarly with Bavauto.

To be clear, I don't get a cut either way; I'm just letting you know that the "FriendOfRob" 35% off discount code will expire very shortly, possibly before the end of the month.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/au...o-european-automotive-electrical-systems.html

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey, folks, FYI, as the ship date of the book is nearing, the "FriendOfRob" 35% off discount code that Bentley Publishers is offering if you pre-order my new electrical book is about to go away. It will certainly go away once books are actually in stock and shipping, maybe sooner.

Amazon will be carrying the book, but I have no idea what discount they'll offer.

ECS Tuning has the book (rather, WILL HAVE the book when it ships at the end of June) at about 25% off, which may make sense if you're also ordering parts from ECS. Similarly with Bavauto.

To be clear, I don't get a cut either way; I'm just letting you know that the "FriendOfRob" 35% off discount code will expire very shortly, possibly before the end of the month.

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/au...o-european-automotive-electrical-systems.html

Will you be autographing copies at the PVGP this year?

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Bentley contacted me to confirm shipping to Australia.......$51 to ship!

Looking at other ways to this this needed book.

Sportster

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazon UK

Just checked and it's available on Amazon UK for £34.16 (pre-order) with free delivery (in UK) which equates to about $50 which taking into account postage from US seems a good deal. I've ordered mine.

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rob,

Thanks for the reminder, just placed my order. Looks to be some good summer reading material. :cool:

Pedro