My New E9

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Congratulations! We share your excitement at finally getting a Coupe of your own to enjoy. Looks very nice indeed. Curious though, what finally did it, I mean how did Simufly finally come to the conclusion that he would sell? We must know, to prevent this ever happening to any of us! lol. Have fun Michael.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Congratulations! Fun times.
The purist in me says the windshield wiper wind deflector is on the wrong side, it should be on the driver side.
The headliner is incredibly clean!

Rek

Reaction score
Congratulations! We share your excitement at finally getting a Coupe of your own to enjoy. Looks very nice indeed. Curious though, what finally did it, I mean how did Simufly finally come to the conclusion that he would sell? We must know, to prevent this ever happening to any of us! lol. Have fun Michael.

Severed horse's head left at the end of the bed. Works every time.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Forgot to say, I love the vinyl roof. I couldn't do it over here, but over there, I'd have to have it. When I first saw one in England, many years ago, I thought it was a trick played by Jaguar neighbors on the poor gentleman...Today, it just looks proper.

Thank you. It divides opinion I think.

I like it too. It was put on by BMW Commissioners GB Ltd when the car arrived in the UK so from my point of view is original. :)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score

Simon reached out to me back in February. He had seen my posts saying I was looking for an E9 and said he was considering selling his car mid year. We exchanged messages and spoke over the next 5 months. I saw the car back in April and immediately loved it.

Eventually when the time was right, he told me how much he wanted for it and I accepted his price.

I can’t speak for Simon but I think it was a hard decision for him and it took many months for him to finally decide to let it go. Understandably so as he had owned the car for 40 years! I hope my enthusiasm and obvious love for it helped him make the decision :)

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
The purist in me says the windshield wiper wind deflector is on the wrong side, it should be on the driver side.

Erm interesting. I've seen some threads about this and there always seem to be some confusion around RHD cars. Could you send me some pics of what it should look like?

And yes the headliner and the almost new look of the interior light blew me away too

Simufly

Reaction score
I think you will find that the wiper is on the correct side (ie the LHS) of the car. They are handed and a different shape. When the car was designed a RHD was an afterthought and the wipers slipped through the net. Ideally the RHS (drivers side in a RHD car) should have a spoiler. But the wiper position is correct on Mike's car.

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you will find that the wiper is on the correct side (ie the LHS) of the car. They are handed and a different shape. When the car was designed a RHD was an afterthought and the wipers slipped through the net. Ideally the RHS (drivers side in a RHD car) should have a spoiler. But the wiper position is correct on Mike's car.

Thanks Simon for the confirmation.

Feels strange to hear the car called "my" car (but great too)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Got it. Us purists can get it wrong then...

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind words. I feel a bit of a fake because all I have done is buy the car (but I did do my research to make sure I got the perfect car for me!) so again thanks must go to @Simufly for looking after and maintaining the car for so long.

Last edited: