My Second E3 (1991)

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
Listed in the Roundel for sale ads by a CCA member in the summer of 1989, I drove out to Alameda NAS and when I saw the car I HAD to buy it (300 bucks!) '72 Bavaria, Sahara with a tabacco skai interior, the door panels and seats were like warm tasty caramel and it was perfect timing to get a replacement for my '69 2800 which sadly had been destroyed by a drunken neighbor while parked on the street during finals week. My new daily driver I drove this car all over the west coast for years. The photo was taken in 1991 at Yosemite on October 25, 1991...we were driving back to the bay area for a San Jose Symphony concert at Flint Center in Cupertino, having just heard of the accident killing Bill Graham that day. The Symphony opened with an un-announced Mozart, "Overture to the Impressario" a fitting tribute by the straights in honor of the fallen rock music promoter.

vanbavaria

Site Donor
Reaction score
Amazing photo, don't thing I've ever seen a Bavaria in the snow before :D . I also own a 72 Sahara Bav with the sweet caramel interior. I'm curious what your VIN number is so we could compare? I'd need to look mine up when I get home.

JMinNJ

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Great photo. Fall snow storm in Yosemite. Good thing you had your tire chains. They're required on those snowy CA mountain passes. I was living on the peninsula at the time. I remember the copter crash that took Bill Graham.