Nachtblau '73 on ebay

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
s-l500.jpg

Rough in all the right places, yet it has that black car allure that gets me every time. Flaws (for me) include the slick top and slush box - not to mention the garden variety rough areas. I think it is worth about 1/3 of the listing, but cool in its own right.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-O...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

twistinglane

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a good candidate for further evaluation. Photos in ad are not close and are low resolution! Don't know how supposed to get a feel for supposedly solid body. Depending on that, the ask seems either slightly -or quite a bit - elevated.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think the snow flock on the underside of the hood devalues the car by several thousand. But honestly, my opinion is there is just as much rust on this "solid" example as other, less shiny examples. This is all determined only by the low res pics on the listing...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
fuzzzzzy piictuures. makes blue look like black. if there was a clear shot of that fender top it would make you want to look at the inside of the firewall (behind the glovebox) to see what the A pillar is like. would be worth pounding on the floor a bit to see if its a candidate for the flinstone mobile.

you never know, could be solid ... could be much worse than you can imagine. just makes you wonder why somebody doesn't use a real camera and take good pictures.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If this car has good bones, it is $20K+ all day.
I suspect if someone were to follow up with the seller, he may produce better and more detailed pictures.
12 years ago it would have been $8K

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see this car's price was just reduced by $2,000 down to $22,000 or make offer. I admit that my $8k estimate was a little harsh/low. But without seeing/knowing much more about this one, I still think it may be a rough car with a shiny coat. We'll see if it sells, and for how much. If nothing else, it is fun to look at. :)

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Gotta say I am not surprised, despite the seller seemingly willing to negotiate a bit (2 price drops as the auction window closed). Perhaps if it started as a regular auction at around $12k, it would have built up a mid-to-high teens head of steam.?.