Nardi steering wheel (new)

mattie4859

Reaction score
Wood Nardi steering wheel for BMW, bought for my CSi restoration, never used (went with a Momo instead), $350 plus freight from New Zealand.

Attachments

• nardi1.JPG
    nardi1.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 398
  • nardi2.JPG
    nardi2.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 269

71-2800 CS

Reaction score
New BMW nardi wheel 390mm

There is a new one for sale on eBay at $330. Auction ends around 10pm west coast time. I bought one last week and like it. Good size and new for less than $350. I don't think he has many left if any. Not sure what the difference is between these and other new ones that sell for $850 new.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this brings up a good question that has bounced around in my mind. there are several e-sellers that are selling Nardi new wheels for low $300's. are there asian fakes of these wheels? there are a lot of sellers in Japan, but i guess i assumed they were selling takeoffs from certain car models that used a Nardi wheel as an OEM wheel (that didn't have US air bag restrictions).

71-2800 CS

Reaction score
Nardi Wheel

It seems most of the ones in Japan and Thailand are used and sell for $200-$300. Maybe these are used versions of the more vintage wheels or hot. The one I bought is new, from US seller, and was $330. I think it is a genuine nardi but maybe it's lower end. It appears nice and I can't see any difference. The seller has a rating of 100% and nearly 3500 sales. I am guessing there would have been some bad reviews if he was selling fakes as genuine.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking for a Nardi Steering Wheel

Any ideas for a Nardi steering wheel for less than $700 like this one, with the E9 adapter?

nardi%20004.jpg

rb1971

Reaction score
Scott-

Dan's selling parts so I think it's understandable why your post using his pic (to which he likely holds copyright, and which many of us here on the forum will be familiar with from browsing his site) and asking for a better price on the same thing would be objectionable to him.

Here's a pic of my car with a Nardi in 360mm. Sorry the pic isn't better/from the front of the wheel. I paid about $575 last year for a brand new wheel and hub, but I think I got a decent deal since someone was clearing out stock. I also picked up the shifter knob linked below to complete the wood control surfaces, it's pretty nice in person:

http://www.amazon.com/Nardi-Prestig...MVM2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1308964723&sr=8-2

EDIT: Here's a wheel on Amazon that is much less, you'll need to source an adaptor but there are guys that sell them on eBay from time to time for $80-100:

http://www.amazon.com/Nardi-Steerin...9LX8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1308964943&sr=8-8

Attachments

• 217354_204415182926684_100000746110373_625782_6941798_n.jpg
    217354_204415182926684_100000746110373_625782_6941798_n.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 194

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sweet shifter- thx

No disrespect intended. Just looking for some advice. I didn't say his was over priced just that I was looking for something similar for less money. I thought my use of links was standard, and see it done often on the internet.

Again no harm intended. Coupeguy has some very cool stuff and I hope to be a big time customer soon.

Btw mission accomplished thx to your link

I found this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004UA8PHG/ref=aw_ls_1_1?coliid=I1ED5EDTNO96ZB&colid=1ONH2HZLMLH6Y

Any warnings or concerns?

Thanks very much for all your help

Scott

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the biggest issue of newer nardi wheels is the new design hub ... which IMHO looks cheap on the e9. i saw a recent ebay listing for an old style nardi hub for north of $150. the other side of the conversation is try to find one of the old style horn buttons. the price of the new vs. used wheel by itself doesn't vary too much.

if you want less expensive, then buy the newer style hub / horn button or the nardi horn button. if you want period correct - buy the old style when you can find it.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
old style vs new style

i agree old style is better. I am looking for one now, with proper horn button, etc. Any ideas?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
this brings up a good question that has bounced around in my mind. there are several e-sellers that are selling Nardi new wheels for low $300's. are there asian fakes of these wheels? there are a lot of sellers in Japan, but i guess i assumed they were selling takeoffs from certain car models that used a Nardi wheel as an OEM wheel (that didn't have US air bag restrictions).

Exactly what I was thinking. It makes sense that Nardis are counterfeited, just like Prada and Gucci. That is the reason I like to buy used goods.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has noticed, but, some of the newer Nardi wheels that I've seen do not have the have the quality appearance of the old Nardi's. The spokes on the newer ones (at least to me) seem to be made of cheap stamped steel and cheaply plated, certainly they don't have the same sheen or luster as the original stainless steel or aluminum spoke.

Did Nardi ever licenced production of their steering wheels in Japan or elsewhere in Asia?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
nardi - new vs. old

i have wondered the same thing ... also wondered if there were chinese fakes. i do know that when i considered a black leather nardi, there was a black finish and an anodized finish ... the polished was kinda rare. the clear anodized just doesn't have the depth of the old polished units