Nardi wheel value

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
-Have a nice Nardi classic 360mm wheel/hub that I'm thinking of offering up at some point and not sure about value. Stamped with "MADE IN ITALY" on rear but no date or other markings.

"Vintage" wheels seem to demand some premium. Is a date stamp what makes it "Vintage?"

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As Nardis continue to be produced I personally don’t think a date stamp adds any value. For me I got tired of the reflections from the spokes and a 360 is pretty small.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback.

Was trying to use eBay "sold" items as a reference and saw this, Sold Nardi -different hub and mine just has the Nardi horn button, not a BMW button. The sold item is listed as a "Competition" model, but that doesn't seem correct. Mine also has no wood finish issues and has another type of hub (Momo?).

At about a $400 delta, -trying to figure out what I'm missing. Or did the eBay seller just get lucky with his sale?

Here's a picture for reference.
IMG_2913.JPG

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Data point addition: At one-inch larger diameter (15.3,") a new wheel with a round horn button and "collapsible" hub is $1,650.

15.3" Nardi sold $1,650 link

That isn’t a data point. That is a terribly overpriced ebay seller. Same wheels listed for 2+ years. A 15.3” wheel is 390mm. They are available new for under $500

Now if you take that wheel, add that specific $300 BMW large logo horn button, and a modern collapsible hub, you are at $1,000. Still not cheap but close to $700 less.

Nardi wheels get more valuable at 400mm+ and <1970 date codes.

To answer your question, I would value a
used 360mm Nardi with hub and horn button at $300-$500.

Edit:

I forgot to mention, you may validate the serial number at the bottom of this page:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
as they are available new, any second hand will be never more then 2/3rds of that price. Remind yourself; seeing an Ebay add does not set the value of things, it just shows how that person hopes to get that amount for it.
Trust @Markos here, he knows his stuff.

bmw2800cs

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Appreciate the feedback.

Was trying to use eBay "sold" items as a reference and saw this, Sold Nardi -different hub and mine just has the Nardi horn button, not a BMW button. The sold item is listed as a "Competition" model, but that doesn't seem correct. Mine also has no wood finish issues and has another type of hub (Momo?).

At about a $400 delta, -trying to figure out what I'm missing. Or did the eBay seller just get lucky with his sale?

Here's a picture for reference.
View attachment 148831
I have a 360mm Nardi, I bought it on Ebay for $275 - it was a very good price but he advertised it as being 380mm. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew it was 360mm but I decided to keep it. I think for our cars, 360mm steering wheels are less in demand.

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. - Helpful in trying to wrap my head around some of these sales figures.

That 360mm sale looks about $200 over what you should be able to buy the same item for new. Likewise the 390mm, -even with the bulbous horn button and the hub seems like it exceeds otherwise available new product pricing by about $700.

You never know what the actual agreed sale price may have been with previously sold items on eBay, so getting some real-world takes on what they should sell for is great.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To me what makes a difference in value is the vintage cast hub rather than collapsible hub. They are hard to get

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
Haha…yeah. May not add value but it is kinda cool. About 8 years ago I found a Nardi wheel in Japan date stamped 12/76.

Bought it as a Christmas present for myself. It was pretty rough, varnish was absent on much of the wheel. But over 4 weeks before Christmas I would apply varnish, sand, repeat,repeat repeat.

Turned out well and for $100. Worth the effort.

Attachments

• 5E0BE7E2-7A67-47C9-B169-05C7D45E5C54.jpeg
    5E0BE7E2-7A67-47C9-B169-05C7D45E5C54.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 947482E2-484D-464D-B3FC-B1A2491F0FCC.jpeg
    947482E2-484D-464D-B3FC-B1A2491F0FCC.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 78

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am like Chris and find the 360 a little small. Also sgree on the reflection of the mirror polish. Always liked it in satin. If I didn’t have a petri I would buy the black leather nardi with the satin spokes.

doesn’t the Momo wheels fit on the nardi hub? Maybe a prototipo.

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
I purchased one recently for $400. It came with a rolling basket case of a Maserati quattroporte. No idea what the size is. The laughable purchase was worth it though.

Attachments

• 0E78CFBC-7EDC-418E-9826-6B6A3F55A426.jpeg
    0E78CFBC-7EDC-418E-9826-6B6A3F55A426.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 69

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
You would think that that wheel should be "free" after some other parts sales from that car. After all, there can't be that many more of that series around, can there? - Hope it works in your favor.

If only it was one Quattroporte series older at that price, and the wheel too!