Need driveshaft for 5 speed conversion - '73 3.0CS

ES 1800

Well-Known Member
Site Donor $$
Messages
180
Reaction score
15
Location
Larsen, WI
Converting from 4 speed to 5 speed. In need of driveshaft. I'm going to copy what I believe I need based on information I received from a source in Finland.

"Shortened front driveshaft (shortened 85mm in my case with 35mm M5 guibo and the shortest Getrag 265 output flange)"

Also posted in Parts For Sale and Wanted
 
This is where the FAQ is your friend. There is a section on driveshafts in the top sources thread You probably want to look at driveshaft pro.
 
Driveshaft Pro was a godsend from Paul Cain.
Previously I was paying the same amount plus 2 trips for drop off and pickup from a local company and they were terrible rebuilds.
 
When I had Driveshaft Pro do it I literally asked for "the Don" and they knew what I needed. Came fast and worked perfectly.
 
The only trick is which output flange you have as Don says there are three. I used them and had to use the big Guibo Don doesn’t like instead of the M5 one but I had both just in case.
 
I just bought a driveshaft from them for my 535is 5 speed conversion. Arrived quickly and is very nicely done. As Don notes, don't bother trying to get one modified, just buy a new one.
 
Back
Top