Need help rubber seal

P

poadb

Hi!

I am not sure where this rubber seal is supposed to be used (I got two of them), refer to pictures.

I would appreciate if anyone could guide me.

Attachments

• IMAGE_126.jpg
    IMAGE_126.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAGE_127.jpg
    IMAGE_127.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 89
P

poadb

Hi!

98 cm long

(almost) 2 cm high

approx 2mm thick
Regards, Per

P

poadb

Thank you!

Is it possible that you submit a picture or drawing; I am a little bit unsure where the seal is supposed to be attached to the chrome.

Best regards, Per

Shawn

Reaction score
It could be the small protector strip that goes on the bottom of the chrome on the top edge of the door. Tough to tell though. I have included a link. I think it could be #5 (note the large dark arrow that points to the cross section of the assembly).

If it the strip I am thinking it follows through to the rear as well. I bought mine from La Jolla Ind and Carl sold it by the foot. Just cut to length and go.

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-onlin...el=3436&mospid=47811&btnr=41_1218&hg=41&fg=40

jcat

Reaction score
That looks to me to be the rubber strip that slides into the chrome strip that sits on top of the door. It is part of the window "brush" and slides into the inside of the chrome piece. It is the rubber seal that keeps all the water from running down inside the door.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The strip in the first pic is definitely for the door chrome. Don't recognize the wide rubber strip in the 2nd pic though. Doesn't look like an oem coupe part.