Need Help.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a few of the chrome flathead screws that hold the curved outside chrome trim of the rear quarters? Seems to be a slotted head. I need to purchase a half dozen.
Thanks

mr bump

Reaction score
I've got half a box left from when I overhauled and fitted new seals to mine. Il post a pic up later of the screws if you want?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn’t help you out Harry. They are missing on my project car. I know they are chrome and have a very aggressive angle on the head. I’d have to dig through my deconstruction thread...

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
take one to a Fastenal shop and have them match it up. I've done that a ton in the past and they never fail.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
take one to a Fastenal shop and have them match it up. I've done that a ton in the past and they never fail.
I tried that earlier in the year and they just looked at me like I was crazy.
Wasn't looking for chrome plated screws, just some common metric sizes I ran out of. Cadmium plated.
Ordered form Bel Metric.
There are some very small screws in the wing/vent window frame. I had to get those chrome plated as they were not available.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Phillips head screw, not slotted. You might even find them at an Ace Hardware store, they have chrome screws, it doesn’t have to be Metric.